By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

I dont know about you guys but I would have preferred this game being 720p 60fps. Im ok with it at constant 30fps but it seems it takes more effort from the console to attain 60fps than to attain 900/1080p resolution. This begs me to question what resolution it would have been pre-june sdk update

Around the Network

Actual images not in 900 and 1080p.

I think the SDK thing was just PR speak. Go back and look up the launch era Xbox one architect interview, the low level api for near metal coding was already there at launch, which is why Ryse still has as good or better graphics than any other xb1 title. It's just a low low ceiling with ddr3 and a weak GPU.

vivster said:
Conegamer said:
Well, who really cares anyway? The game looks awesome and it seems to be a blast to play. I'd rather play a fun game with great gameplay in 900p than a dull one with mediocre gameplay at 1080p.

Still I thought that SO could do 1080p. A little concerning, but nothing to cry about or argue over IMO.

I guess people who are still claiming that the gap is closing care.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184598

I guess that only leaves the cloud as an option for parity.

This is the bottom line. The only reason this debate continues is because of MS promoting the idea of the XB1 getting more powerful and the fans constantly banging on about it. Until that stop, articles and debates like this will continue. Resolution by itself isn't really the issue because this game looks great.

The PS5 Exists. 

900p is fine. A little surprised about the 30fps though. Was that a design choice or could they not get the game to run at 60fps consistently?

Around the Network

one would think an exclusive would be better optimised to the hardware.

sign of timed-exclusivity?

kitler53 said:

Who knows, but Insominiac does own the IP, not MS.  

kitler53 said:

I honestly believe this game would have been a better fit for WiiU than for XOne.

They should think about that, I'm sure it would sell well.

jacks81x said:
900p is fine. A little surprised about the 30fps though. Was that a design choice or could they not get the game to run at 60fps consistently?

Would much rather a locked 30 FPS than the 60 FPs figure that gets thrown about and has sizeable dips while often hovering under 60FPs anyway. Truth be told this whole resolution stuff has gone on long enough. Everybody knows X1 will have lower resolutions by now and constantly bringing it up is just beating a dead horse. The games look great these days anyway.

Sweet!
Will enjoy this game so much!
Looks amazing!