By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

Why does resolution never matter...until it does? I seem to remember several times where MS has pointed to 1080p resolution in some of it's games!

But, I don't think it will matter on this title...the only people excited about it are fanboys. Everyone else has said that the game is looking rather mediocre....IF they know about it at all.

Around the Network

Game looks amazing. When did 60fps matter all of a sudden as the holy grail to whether the game is good or not. It also has 8player Coop which a lot of 60fps games sacrifice. Insomniac knows how to create great games.  Plus I'd rather have a solide 30fps than 45fps like Killzone. I play games not graphics.

jnemesh said:
Why does resolution never matter...until it does? I seem to remember several times where MS has pointed to 1080p resolution in some of it's games!

But, I don't think it will matter on this title...the only people excited about it are fanboys. Everyone else has said that the game is looking rather mediocre....IF they know about it at all.

Who has said it looks medicore? Provide data before you start spewing them out as facts.

And I'm a fanboy because I'm excited for it?

I have no idea if it's already been said. But Insomniac stated that they were not going for 60 FPS anymore with their games. With Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time being the last one.

Sure, people are bummed out about it not being 1080p, and I guess I can see why. But it is not going to affect me in any way. All I know is the games on the Xbox1 still smoke the PS3 and 360 where all 3 share real estate in my entertainment center.

How did anybody play games last gen? comparing Last Gen's final games to Current Gens 1st round of games, it's no competition in the art department. It's going to come down to the stories, and new, exciting experiences, each system can offer with a healthy dash of nostalgia, and reboots in the form of Indies and Exclusives.

Looking at this Generation is the exact role reversal of last gen. Where the 360 enjoyed the title of better looking between 360 and PS3 multiplats. Roles have reversed, and now hopefully MS will invest in more first party studios to close the gap. Everybody thought it was the end for the PS3 in the beginning, but it made it out, and left with a fantastic library of great games towards the end while handing the PS4 the baton flawlessly. Bravo Sony, you saw all the mistakes last gen, and corrected them. MS hubris caused them to drop the baton heading into this Generation, but they can still catch up. it took Sony's PS3 a few years to catch up to the 360. they were able to do it with pricing, and exclusive content. There is nothing saying MS cannot do the same this gen. The real question is will they?

Even Shuhei Yoshida stated on the Beyond podcast that he wants all these companies to do well. It is Important that the scene grows as a community.

Come on guys, let's move on. The game looks really nice. In the end it's the originality, gameplay and art design what really matters. XOne will never reach the PS4 level; maybe the Gap will even increase with 1st Party Sony devs coding down to the metal compared to the 'easy going' DirectX 12. So what ? You will still play great games on XBone. Let's move on, let's forget about power.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

It's an Old article but here it is from Insomniac's about 60fps. I put numerous links just to show this was a widely reported story, and that I have no idea which website people would believe, since some websites show bias.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/insomniac-60fps-no-more

http://kotaku.com/5393106/insomniac-dev-ratchet--clank-probably-our-last-60fps-game

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/30/dev-a-crack-in-time-will-probably-be-insomniac-s-last-60fps-ga/

Dark Chaos said:

Game looks amazing. When did 60fps matter all of a sudden as the holy grail to whether the game is good or not. It also has 8player Coop which a lot of 60fps games sacrifice. Insomniac knows how to create great games.  Plus I'd rather have a solide 30fps than 45fps like Killzone. I play games not graphics.

You don't have to play Killzone with a variable frame rate :p There is an option to lock it at 30 (where it will stick like a brick in a wall).

SO should be a solid 30fps by launch too. The E3 build was a little unstable, but i expect it will be pretty much perfect by release (or as perfect as an open world game's frame rate can be, given the larger number of player variables).

I hope that SO achieves at least a stable framerate by the time it releases. The E3 build kept hovering between 22-30 fps frequently according to Eurogamer. However, I would've preferred it to be 720p at 60 fps considering the nature of the game.

Who cares, we've seen the footage and the graphics look fine.

i'm not reading the long thread but what did imsomniac say it would be.if they did say anything

this seems to be the ammo for teh warz,if somethimg is promised by PS4 and not delivered then there is trouble from certain boxers as they don't like sony breaking promises on 1080/60

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt