By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

Id rather them shoot for 60fps than 1080P.

The game looks great where it is and this type of artstyle wont really benefit as much from a Resolution upgrade. An FPS one though, would be fantastic.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Kresnik said:
Insomniac need to return to 60fps. Just in general. I miss when they always targeted that in games.

I'd imagine Ratchet Redux is going to be 30fps too, sadly. Into the Nexus wasn't unplayable or anything, but definitely suffered from it (especially since they couldn't lock 30fps at all)

Good point. The framerate is a much bigger deal to me than the resolution. Action games like this one you'll probably notice it a bit.

Still it's not going to be a "bad" game because of it. But it does seem like devs don't really try and push the boat out the squeeze every last drop out of the hardware like they used to.

Not sure about that, i replayed spec ops on PS3 and i cant bare that jammering anymore, painful

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Suddenly, this is the ugliest game in the world!
/s

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
/s

Kind of like all of a sudden this gen resolution doesn't matter anymore right?

and... idc still getting it. :D

Around the Network

anyway, wait for reviews to know more , the single player is still too much myterious

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Still going to buy the game either way. Though what I can say is that why is it resolution and framerate is so ******* important this generation. If anyone wants high resolution and high framerate, then why not go get a PC, its not that hard to think. *Sigh*, fanboys, I am prepared for the damage control and heavy assault.

Maybe they decided the extra power should go into a smoother frame rate than additional pixels?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

BigBrain said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
/s

Kind of like all of a sudden this gen resolution doesn't matter anymore right?

No, Resolution and FPS does matter but what seems to happen very much this gen is when a game is not running at 1080p, it seems to get labeled as a "lower quality" game by many people which I don't understand... Like before the resolution gets mentioned, many people are like, omg, this game looks awesome, jaw dropping and etc but then after the game gets announced that its less than 1080p, many people seemed dissappointed as though the visuals have all of a sudden been downgraded to the n64 era...

Like I am not saying the resolution isn't important cause it is but to me, if its 720p or above, if the game looks great, it will still look great whether its 720p, 900p or 1080p... Its not gonna look the same obviously in 720p-1080p but its still gonna look great... I play mostly PC games with a Library of nearly 300 games on Steam of which most I play at 1080p 60fps Max settings but that doesn't mean I hate playing console games just cause the res/fps isn't as great...

I there is also this other arguement where racing/fighting games should be 1080p 30fps instead of 720p 60fps if given the choice which I think it total nonsense for those two genres but thats a different arguement

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Some time ago, Insomniac said that all of their future games would be 30fps, so that doesn't surprise me. A game with this art-style not making it to 1080p while only targetting 30fps is a bit shocking to me, though.

4 ≈ One