By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo 3 is 1080p on PS4, 900p on XBO

Mr Puggsly said:
bubblegamer said:
Difference was going to disappear, my ass. It's here to stay. Can't cover hardware shortcomings by improving software.

This difference shouldn't exist in Diablo 3. This is poor optimization, obviously.

Obviously, shame they didn't bother optimizing for XB1, oh well at least COD is aspiring for it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mr Puggsly said:

This difference shouldn't exist in Diablo 3. This is poor optimization, obviously.

Obviously, shame they didn't bother optimizing for XB1, oh well at least COD is aspiring for it.

I don't think CoD is aspiring for 1080p, BF is. Either way, CoD and BF are more technically demanding games therefore 900p/60fps makes sense for those titles.

The Halo Collection is apparently 1080p and 60 fps. So go figure.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I personally believe Blizzard does not really care for the console market. Their games are usually late or really crappy when they finally make it over. They also seem to not really try on consoles.
I read the Digital Foundry review of this game across all platforms (360, PS3, PC) and they said the PS3 was the absolute worst to play on. Worst framerate, resolution, (Mind you this game was 6gb bigger on the PS3 vs. the 360. They said the 360 was more comparable to the PC hence the side by side video.
And this makes no sense, because we know the PS3 was more powerful, and is capable of stunning graphics (see first party titles). When I see a games like God of War 3, the Uncharted series, The Last of Us, and then hear how poorly their (Blizzard) games runs on this platform it all points to laziness.
Personally, I find it amazing that anybody that visits these sites hasn't already played this game. Because the counter argument for every game that is available on a console, and PC is "I'll just play it on my PC." This game is not taxing anyone's rig.
These guys did not want to make a Xbox1 version anyway, and originally they were getting a ton of crap because they were not going to offer remote play for the PS4 version, even though Sony said anygame that does not require the camera must have remote play possible. Their excuse at the time was they felt the Vita screen was to small to handle the game, and it would look like crap. It was the backlash they recieved (more likely Sony policy) that it was finally added, and possibly why they added exclusive TLoU PS4 levels to regain good faith from the PS community.

Agree that the port is probably not a huge hit. It's an old game now (like Halo MCC, GTAV, TLOU, etc).

The engine is basically set for dual-core, as evidenced by an i3 + 760 running it basically identically to an i7 + 760. The PS4/XB1 have 8 very slow cores (core for core a Haswell i3 4130 is around 4x faster or more than the 1.6Ghz Jaguar)

Mr Puggsly said:
bubblegamer said:
Difference was going to disappear, my ass. It's here to stay. Can't cover hardware shortcomings by improving software.

Agreed. But we're not developers and have little understanding of the matter. It can't be just because they're lazy developers. There must be a standard amount of work they are willing to put into games like this and the X1 requires a little more work, they're not willing to invest in. This explains the same attitude developers had last gen when dealing with PS3 ports.

Around the Network

What a shocking piece of news this is!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Diablo isn't graphically demanding, I find this very strange it can't hit 1080p

bubblegamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Agreed. But we're not developers and have little understanding of the matter. It can't be just because they're lazy developers. There must be a standard amount of work they are willing to put into games like this and the X1 requires a little more work, they're not willing to invest in. This explains the same attitude developers had last gen when dealing with PS3 ports.

This is the correct answer for this particular situation.

Multi-plats are better for comparing the ease of development for the X1 vs the PS4 rather than their power. It would be true to say the PS4's extra power makes it even easier to work with, but in situations like this the power difference itself is irrelevant.

bubblegamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not calling the developers lazy and its fair to say this game isn't well optimized X1.

Its not a big deal though, 900p and a more stable 60 fps is a nice improvment over 7th gen. But it sucks they didn't put the effort for 1080p on a $60 game with low end graphics.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

xbone games can never look better than ps4 games