By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo 3 is 1080p on PS4, 900p on XBO

biglittlesps said:
Pureoctane said:
Shame it's not using benefits of new sdk. Still I won't notice it anyway.

Are you serious that new SDK closed the gap of 30% more hardware PS4 has? Lets see further confirmation for Destiny and Battlefiled from Developers directly and how Xbox one version runs with Battle field and Destiny in Digital foundary analysis . I can bet that PS4 version will be superior in every game becasue its makes sense that 30% more power inside PS4 will perform better unless MS paid/forced developers to parity.

From what I read the res was to do with edram and nothing to do with GPU?

it doesn't bother me whatsoever anyway. I couldn't care less. The games coming to Xbox one this year look awesome. 

Around the Network

How is that even possible.. Its as if no matter how shitty the game looks, getting it to 1080 on xbox one requires magic.

dyremose said:
How is that even possible.. Its as if no matter how shitty the game looks, getting it to 1080 on xbox one requires magic.

Tetris Ultimate is 1080p 60fps on Xbox one.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Arkaign said:
biglittlesps said:
Pureoctane said:
Shame it's not using benefits of new sdk. Still I won't notice it anyway.

Are you serious that new SDK closed the gap of 30% more hardware PS4 has? Lets see at how Xbox one version runs with Battle field and Destiny with Digital foundary. I can bet that PS4 version will be superior in every game becasue its makes sense that 30% more power inside PS4 will perform better.

Yep. It's more than 30% as well. Double rop, 50% higher compute, double+ memory speed.

I would also add that if the gap is ~50% the unlock of the 10% on Xbox1 that is being claimed will not change this gap to 40% because the hardware hasent changed just some freed up

Here is a video from Digital Foundry showing the Xbox360 vs. PC version. These newer consoles can both be done at 1080p 60fps.

Around the Network
plip.plop said:
Here is a video from Digital Foundry showing the Xbox360 vs. PC version. These newer consoles can both be done at 1080p 60fps.
[video]

It can be 1080p/60fps on both, but it requires more effort to pull off on the X1 (effort the developer doesn't seem willing to put in).

The power difference between the two is very real, but that isn't the cause of this particular situation (well technically the PS4's extra power does make it even easier to work, but you get the idea :p).

I think eSRAM is still giving devs a headache, making it hard to push even relatively simple games like diablo to 1080p while maintaining 60 fps.

Should get better over time.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Devs should always prioritize framerate parity over resolution parity when it comes to XBO development, imo. That said, D3 runs well even on Intel integrated graphics, so...

Weedlab said:
Diablo? No in 1080p on Xbone? Dafuq? o_O

Yeah..WTH? 

bubblegamer said:
Difference was going to disappear, my ass. It's here to stay. Can't cover hardware shortcomings by improving software.

This difference shouldn't exist in Diablo 3. This is poor optimization, obviously.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)