By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo 3 is 1080p on PS4, 900p on XBO

plip.plop said:
This would be news except for the fact that Battlefield Hardline, and Destiny among other games will run at 1080p on both systems. Not surprised that this is happening on a game that also created exclusive content from a Sony First party game. i.e. The Last of Us Dungeon with clickers.

Same res but almost certainly not the same quality unless the dev needs to nerf the ps4 version.

trust me the ps4 destiny will be notably superior to the xb1 port. Bank on it.

Around the Network

Hmm, I don't think they heard the news. The gap disappeared already...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184927&page=1
😊

Diablo 3 is 1080p vs 900p

and yet they are aspiring to reach 1080p 60fps in Hardline and Destiny?

I'm skeptical Digital Foundry will confirm this.

At least Tetris has parity.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

But Toastboy was saying the gap has closed with new SDK and all?
Software cannot mitigate a hardware gap! Fact

Shame it's not using benefits of new sdk. Still I won't notice it anyway.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Diablo 3 is 1080p vs 900p

and yet they are aspiring to reach 1080p 60fps in Hardline and Destiny?

I'm skeptical Digital Foundry will confirm this.

At least Tetris has parity.

The sub 1080 hate has devs scrambling to make sacrifices elsewhere to hit 1080 on xb1. AA/lod/shadows/lighting/framerate. Something (or several things) have to give considering the massive hardware gap. Undemanding titles notwithstanding (and those just won't look impressive, or will look great with a low framerate). It's not a coincidence that the best looking xb1 titles are sub 1080.

Arkaign said:

The sub 1080 hate has devs scrambling to make sacrifices elsewhere to hit 1080 on xb1. AA/lod/shadows/lighting/framerate. Something (or several things) have to give considering the massive hardware gap. Undemanding titles notwithstanding (and those just won't look impressive, or will look great with a low framerate). It's not a coincidence that the best looking xb1 titles are sub 1080.

True that, Ryse is still the best looking XB1 game/exclusive. But 1080p 60fps is a better tagline.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Pureoctane said:

Are you serious that new SDK closed the gap of 30% more hardware PS4 has? Lets see further confirmation for Destiny and Battlefiled from Developers directly and how Xbox one version runs with Battle field and Destiny in Digital foundary analysis . I can bet that PS4 version will be superior in every game becasue its makes sense that 30% more power inside PS4 will perform better unless MS paid/forced developers to parity.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
Pureoctane said:

Are you serious that new SDK closed the gap of 30% more hardware PS4 has? Lets see at how Xbox one version runs with Battle field and Destiny with Digital foundary. I can bet that PS4 version will be superior in every game becasue its makes sense that 30% more power inside PS4 will perform better.

Yep. It's more than 30% as well. Double rop, 50% higher compute, double+ memory speed.

Arkaign said:

Pretty much this. Its alot easier to quantify this than lest say lighting, AA or AI. The every day customer is gonna pick up both copies take a look on the back of the box and grab the one wiht better metrics.