By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSB4 3DS delay likely means Wii U version will be delayed aswell... <(T_T<)

Do you think SSB4 Wii U will also be delayed?

Yes, sadly... 33 22.00%

No, nevar!!! 116 77.33%

Total:149

It freaking better come out this holiday.

I don't even like Smash, but not having it out for this Christmas season would be a bullet through the Wii U's kneecap. It would be the stupidest thing Nintendo has done in years, and that's saying something.

Around the Network

Nope. November release at black friday. Quote me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Nope. November release at black friday. Quote me.

You're welcome.

OT: It'll release this year without a doubt. Too much is riding on SSBU & the Amiibo figures. If for whatever reason it's not ready, Nintendo would put it out as is and release the remaining game for free as DLC. (Not ideal but better than nothing) 

They could've simply delayed the 3DS version for scheduling purposes. (He said it was to fix bugs but they could just be saying that) Last year, Iwata said that Holiday 2013 was the worst Holiday for Nintendo since he's been in charge. He said his focus would be on Holiday 2014...

They don't want to go into Holiday 2014 with a Pokemon remake as the only recent 3DS game.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Dulfite said:
When Nintendo NEEDS a game out asap, they can do it. Look at wwhd and mk8. Smash u is too vital to delay.

So they didn't need Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, etc., even when the Wii U was doing 20k a week?

forgot about 3DWorld.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

the 3DS version got a 1 month delay... big whoop. Nintendo won't screw up to much that smash missed the holiday season

Around the Network

i think the move of 3DS game to october is to not hurt the wii u sales as much as if the 3ds version will be release almost 5 months difference....

you know the stuff you guys complained that it is stupid to release the game too early vs the wii u version

The reason it is being delayed is because they are still debugging. Sakurai said it himself.

Always expect a delay when it comes to modern Nintendo. They are allergic to releasing games on time.

I am going to riot if Smash Bros WiiU doesn't come out in 2014! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Soundwave said:

They kinda have to ship the game no matter what I think ... the amiibo toy line depends on it, and they need to have those out for Christmas. They may just have to ship the game as is and if Sakurai has things he can't finish on time they they'll have to give that away as DLC. 

Still Smash 3DS in October and Smash U in November/December is not ideal. Should've been at least a 6 month gap between the two, it will probably dampen the sales impact of the Wii U version.

If anything too close impacts the sales of the 3DS version. "Oh, i can wait a month for the Wii U game. It'll be better anyway."

Folks want the Wii U game, i think that's abundantly clear from recent hype surrounding it. The entire idea of Nintendo releasing the 3DS version first is to help promote it in the West, where it would otherwise be wholly overshadowed

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.