By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon best sellers still shows the X1 selling poorly

I am a big Amazon user for purchases but I for once, have never bought a console or videogame for that matter on Amazon. The only reason I would buy on Amazon is if they had an exclusive deal or if an item is cheaper than in retail. Why do people still obsess with Amazon as the "strong source of sales"?!?! Last I heard the average customer does not buy everything on it.

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
I am a big Amazon user for purchases but I for once, have never bought a console or videogame for that matter on Amazon. The only reason I would buy on Amazon is if they had an exclusive deal or if an item is cheaper than in retail. Why do people still obsess with Amazon as the "strong source of sales"?!?! Last I heard the average customer does not buy everything on it.

Same here. The average person just walks to stores and never even visits the internet. It's like people think we're living in a sci-fi movie

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kupomogli said:
pbroy said:
If I wanted an Xbone or PS4, I would go to Game stop or Best Buy now. I'm going to wait 3 days to get it. Amazon charges tax now in my state now. So they lost out as my buy all retailer. But then again, if I was fat, ugly or both, I would probably just stay home and buy from Amazon.

So you stay at home and buy from Amazon, right? 

J/k. 

Yup, that's why there's so many PS4 sales on Amazon. Us fat and ugly people don't like to leave the house. Why did we Sony fans get stuck with bad genetics?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

amazon isn't really the greatest indicator but if you are going to do it you've got to use the longer time periods.  the hourly charts are just too volitile.

Bestsellars for June:

ps4 at #7

xbox one with titanfall at #48

wiiU with mario and lugi at #61

xbox one (the $399 version) at #69

ps4 destiny bundle not in the top 100

Ninsect said:
bubblegamer said:
Ninsect said:
bubblegamer said:
Azerth said:
Why buy something online when you can just go to a store and pick it up

If true, this magically doesn't apply to PS4?

Playstation fans are known to dominate the internet. What he's saying makes sense

So his assumption is true if we belive another assumption? I see. Sounds scientific.

I said "known". I assumed nothing

That is what an assumption entails. Prove this if it's a fact.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
Has BenV said something about it?

He said he noticed an increase, but nowhere near what the statement claimed. It's just PR.

kitler53 said:

amazon isn't really the greatest indicator but if you are going to do it you've got to use the longer time periods.  the hourly charts are just too volitile.

Bestsellars for June:

ps4 at #7

xbox one with titanfall at #48

wiiU with mario and lugi at #61

xbox one (the $399 version) at #69

ps4 destiny bundle not in the top 100

Those are updated daily though and the Destiny bundle is two days old.  It seems pretty stable right now on the hourly bestsellers list at number 4.  When it's updated again, it will definitely be in the top 100

DeadBigfoot21 said:
vivster said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

It's called a "partnership" 

Some pushlishers partner with corporations for exclusive bundles....its business. 

Crystal clear but I doubt that Activision is so Sony biased that they wouldn't consider having a partnership with MS. So why did Sony get it?

You can read a few posts ahead and you will find your answer. Same reason why there is no COD bundle on ps consoles. 

Again you missed the term exclusive bundle meaning the bundle is exclusive to them. 

If you read my post carefully you will see that my question is "why doesn't MS have the exclusive rights"?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

bubblegamer said:
Ninsect said:

I said "known". I assumed nothing

That is what an assumption entails. Prove this if it's a fact.

The proof is right there on amazon

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Soonerman said:

Maybe because it is a good indicator of sales nationally. It is not an exact science, but ...

May I ask what is the difference between all those items you buy on Amazon and consoles (video games)?

In other words why not buy consoles from Amazon like you do everything else? 

This is a serious question. It's kinda inline with my job.