By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like Splatoon?

Do you like Splatoon?

Yes 442 85.83%

No 71 13.79%

Total:513

Looks interesting to say the least

Around the Network

This looks like a helluva lot of fun, and I can't wait to play it.

However, and I know this is first reveal; which is why on balance I'm excited, I want the full game to have the following:

-Local MP, preferably 4 player co-op against another online team
-Story mode
-More maps/game modes

More maps and game modes is a 100% given, they've essentially shown us team DM, but no doubt there'll be a standard DM, a capture the flag and defend your base modes as well. We also saw at least 1 extra map in the trailer.

SP campaign I don't know how they could work it, but I hope they figure it out. Even a bot campaign would do the job.

Local MP could be difficult due to how this game uses the gamepad, but then, I guess it could be done using it as a shared map on a coffee table or something.

All that said though; this game looks like it's going to be awesome, and I can't wait to see more of it!

the media has responded well to the game. I am keeping my eyes on it

PaypayTR said:
Another child game from the company do child titles what were you expecting anyway

What did punctuation and grammar ever do to you?

OT: I think this looks really interesting, I wasn't sold completely at first but the more I saw of it, the more I liked it. 

The squid traversal mechanism looks unique, and you can see that careful placement of paint as both an offensive and defensive strategy, the ability to hide and the ability to quick travel could lend themselves to a fairly tactical game.  The question I guess I still have is how far they can stretch the idea, or whether they can add depth to both the movement and shooting mechanics (through special moves, weapons etc) to a lead to a really deep, rewarding experience.

The last game I played that a had a really simple mechanic that I initially couldn't imagine stretching out to a whole game was World of Goo.  I was wrong.

It looks genuinely fun. I will keep an eye on it.
If it wasnt because of all the press media it has garnered already it would have been hidden gem.... or it might be doomed to mediocrity.

All in all, it definitely shows promise. Just needs more modes. Some customisable outfits. More maps. Maybe a story but not that desperate for one.

....although I would like more than 4v4. Maybe 6v6.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

I think it looks really fun and also finally something new out of Nintendo!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I don't dislike it, I just don't think it will be for me.

It seems like a game that would come free on PlayStation Home. Nothing special but Nintendo fans will hype anything made by Nintendo.

Can you imagine how shit of a reaction this game would have gotten if it was shown on PS4 or Xbox one?

maverick40 said:

It seems like a game that would come free on PlayStation Home. Nothing special but Nintendo fans will hype anything made by Nintendo.

Can you imagine how shit of a reaction this game would have gotten if it was shown on PS4 or Xbox one?

I don't know if you've actually seen the gameplay footage from the demo stations.  What was shown was an unfinished product and screenshots of the game prove that there's more to it.  

And with that last statement, the only reason I would see "shit" of a reaction if it were shown on PS4 or XBO is because of the art style and nothing else.

maverick40 said:

Nintendo fans have certainly gone wild for Miyamoto's new games!!!