By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like Splatoon?

Do you like Splatoon?

Yes 442 85.83%

No 71 13.79%

Total:513

It's Nintendo's take on an exclusive FPS shooter that's focused on online multi-player, and I like it. Though, I'm hoping there's a single player campaign as well.

Around the Network

I loved it and it is always good to see Nintendo trying something new.

It looks like fun to me, but it certainly doesn't look like something that should be retailing for full price based on what we've seen so far.

It looked fun to me. The name is a little corny though.

It fills a genre that the Wii U is lacking and does it with Nintendo's charm and style.

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Although I amost sure I will never play it... I think its a good idea and looks fun enough to spend a few of our precious time on.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

It is more comparable to an indie game than anything.

It looks like fun. But face it, if MS showed the exact same thing then people would give it a lot of shit. It looks ok. Hardly a game-changer.

Richard_Feynman said:

It looks like fun. But face it, if MS showed the exact same thing then people would give it a lot of shit. It looks ok. Hardly a game-changer.

I don't think so.  It really doesn't make sense to use the term "indie game" to try and define how something looks, because indie games can look like they are from the NES era up to rivaling AAA titles looks.  

Also, I watched the Treehouse live @ e3 thing, and they confirmed that there's still more that they haven't shown off and more to add to the game.  Such as more weapons and maps, etc.  This game plays quite differently than any shooter I've seen.  Also, no single game has to be a "game-changer."  I would be willing to bet that no game shown at e3 is going to be a "game-changer" anyway.  

MDMAlliance said:
Richard_Feynman said:

I don't think so.  It really doesn't make sense to use the term "indie game" to try and define how something looks, because indie games can look like they are from the NES era up to rivaling AAA titles looks.  

I didn't mean graphics.

I mean in terms of its scope.

its online and multiplayer only (something Nintendo has basically never done) its also free. No reason not to get it. Looks like something that would be on PC or PS4. Not a system seller, but an excellent system justifiyer.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Richard_Feynman said:
MDMAlliance said:
Richard_Feynman said:

I didn't mean graphics.

I mean in terms of its scope.

If that's the case, then what about CoD games?