By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like Splatoon?

Do you like Splatoon?

Yes 442 85.83%

No 71 13.79%

Total:513
gcube2000 said:

I feel like i'm the only one that thinks Splatoon doesn't look like a full game. It looks almost like an eshop game. Do you like it or dislike it.

Most of the lower key games do look like eShop games. Perhaps the final releases will have much more content to justify the price. As it stands I wouldn't spend £40($67) on Splatton, Captain Toad, Yoshi or Kirby. Some guy trolling the live stream comments section said it looked like a flash game. I'm afraid most would give it that stigma right now.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Samus Aran said:
maverick40 said:

It seems like a game that would come free on PlayStation Home. Nothing special but Nintendo fans will hype anything made by Nintendo.

Can you imagine how shit of a reaction this game would have gotten if it was shown on PS4 or Xbox one?

Funny, that's what I thought of Destiny. :D

(Bit of a hyperbole, but I think Destiny looks extremely disappointing given its budget. Splatoon looks more fun and creative, but we definitely need to see more of this). 

How in gods name does it look fun and creative compared to Destiny? It looks like a free to play title that you can get on steam. I get it ye Wii U gamers are dying for any game to hit the system and getting hyped for a game like this and comparing it to Destiny just proves it. The amount of man hours, tech and art assets that is going into Destiny is beyond compare 

It looks better than Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare which is already a great game. ;)

Destiny is just another FPS that doesn't look remotely special. This is fun, creative and original. Stop acting like they've shown of the entire game. It's also confirmed there will be a singleplayer and I'd be surprised if they didn't announce new multiplayer modes at some point. 

Free to play on Steam? Have fun playing free to play games on your PS4 . I'll be looking forward to this. ;)

Starving for games? I have more Wii U + 3DS games than you have PS4 or XBONE games lol. 

ikki5 said:
Why are people judging this game like it is a completed game?

They judge what they can see. What else would you expect? They can't judge what doesn't exist yet, and simply not judging at all is against human nature.

It's up to developers to put their best foot forward and attract players. Just be glad that Splatoon has as much positive buzz as it does after showing only one game mode on one level.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Samus Aran said:

It looks better than Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare which is already a great game. ;)

Destiny is just another FPS that doesn't look remotely special. This is fun, creative and original. Stop acting like they've shown of the entire game. It's also confirmed there will be a singleplayer and I'd be surprised if they didn't announce new multiplayer modes at some point. 

Free to play on Steam? Have fun playing free to play games on your PS4 . I'll be looking forward to this. ;)

Starving for games? I have more Wii U + 3DS games than you have PS4 or XBONE games lol

Well I would certainly hope you do considering the Ps4 and Xbox one aren't even out a year. 

No it doesn't look better than plants versus Zombies at all. This is just as case of praising a game because there is nothing like it on the Wii U. If Plants versus Zombies was on the Wii U, Splatoon would look like a joke.  

I have great fun playing all my FTP games on PS4 and I can't wait for Plantside 2 to drop. 

Lets hope the Wii U has enough in the pipeline to keep it somewhat relevant before the two big brothers start pumping out the games. 

Won't be this year for you guys I'm afraid. ;)

Splatoon looks a lot more interesting than Plants vs. Garden Warfare. You have seen exactly one map and one multiplayer mode of Splatoon and already made your opinion on it. The game will feature singleplayer, multiple maps, multiple multiplayer modes for more advanced players, customizable characters, a lot of special weapons and who knows what more. You're acting like what's shown at E3 will be the final game. 

People are interested in this because it looks fun, creative and original. If this was shown on the PS4/XBONE people would probably indeed complain... About the artstyle or that it's a kids game. Luckily I like this artstyle a lot. ;) I prefer this over a game like Devil's Third any day of the week. You're assuming I like every Nintendo game shown off at this E3, that's just false. I don't care for the Kirby game, Devil's Third, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker, etc. 

I care for Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Super Smash Bros. 4, Yoshi's Woolly World, Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire and Bayonetta 2. 

Around the Network

looks boring and just for kids

rob60990 said:
looks boring and just for kids

Lol, thanks for proving my point. 

Who. Am I the only one WHO doesn't like Splatoon?

Sounds like a fun idea for kids, but the concept of the game bores me. But it's aimed at kids so I guess I reckon it looks pretty good for what it aims to be.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Sounds like a fun idea for kids, but the concept of the game bores me. But it's aimed at kids so I guess I reckon it looks pretty good for what it aims to be.

the concept is the freshest fps idea since tribes...

generic-user-1 said:
binary solo said:

the concept is the freshest fps idea since tribes...

It's TPS isn't it? In any case, fresh ideas are not necessarily broadly appealing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix