By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stunning Zelda screenshots direct from Nintendo

Link fighting robots and robots use lasers to attack. Totally out of context.

Around the Network
toot1231 said:
Cubedramirez said:
toot1231 said:

i hate looking at these it saddens me

WHY NINTENDO WHY?????

WHY SKYWARD SWORD GRAPHICS?

now i have to wait another 5 years and hope ill get a dark zelda.

Enjoy waiting while everyone else enjoys the hell out of this.

i did with windwaker. i waited 10 years with ww till i finally played it. looks like this is going to be the same.

money talks i let it speak.

Wind Waker was an awesome title as well. Your taste in games seems to mimic my boy, so I'll share the same wisdom with you I do to with him.

You'll eventually grow into being able to appericate beauty when you're older. 

KungKras said:
Samus Aran said:

I find it pretty pathetic to not buy a game purely based on its artstyle. 

I thought I'd prefered realistic Zelda graphics, but this is even better. TP was my first Zelda, but I've bought every Zelda since then except the DS ones (don't have a DS). 

I looks like anime.

When I played Ocarna of Time, it looked like fantasy, Heroes 3 or Warhammer style. The older Zeldas also felt like that.

Anime style just ruins it for me. Because it ruins my theater of the mind that I'm used to when playing these games.

Regardless if you find it pathetic or not, it seems the market agrees with me as well. All these new styles accomplished was to decrease sales and split the fanbase.

What split. The net. is pretty unified being the awesomeness of what we saw. It's running at most 85-15 in terms of post in favor for this style.

A beautifully lush, vibrant, detailed and colorful world that looks as good if not better than many next gen games currently available.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Cubedramirez said:
KungKras said:
Samus Aran said:

I thought I'd prefered realistic Zelda graphics, but this is even better. TP was my first Zelda, but I've bought every Zelda since then except the DS ones (don't have a DS). 

I looks like anime.

When I played Ocarna of Time, it looked like fantasy, Heroes 3 or Warhammer style. The older Zeldas also felt like that.

Anime style just ruins it for me. Because it ruins my theater of the mind that I'm used to when playing these games.

Regardless if you find it pathetic or not, it seems the market agrees with me as well. All these new styles accomplished was to decrease sales and split the fanbase.

What split. The net. is pretty unified being the awesomeness of what we saw. It's running at most 85-15 in terms of post in favor for this style.

Wind Waker caused a great split among Zelda fans. You cannot possibly deny this.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Cubedramirez said:

Wind Waker was an awesome title as well. Your taste in games seems to mimic my boy, so I'll share the same wisdom with you I do to with him.

You'll eventually grow into being able to appericate beauty when you're older. 

im 31

so when does it begin?

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

This game looks absolutely gorgeous...I don't see how anyone could complain. But then again, this is the internet, people would complain no matter what.

I will say this again, art styles are more diverse than what we saw here. We saw an open field environment, not the dungeons or anything like that. There will be areas that are more dark and similar to the Tech Demo...

Also, yeah, this style reminds me of anime. Honestly, the first things I thought when I saw the trailer were Princess Mononoke and Naussica, two amazing Ghibli movies. This style is perfect for a fantasy adventure game, and I'm sure it will utilize it to make the game amazing and unlike any other game I've played before.

To all those complaining, get over yourself. Nintendo doesn't make decisions to cater to you, they make decisions that will result in them creating the best game they can make. If you don't like it, so be it, that is your problem. No need to try to bring everyone else down with you...

Dannythegamer said:
Link fighting robots and robots use lasers to attack. Totally out of context.

Actually, it's not.  Lasers and semi-mechanical enemies date back to the series origins, and Link's sword shot lasers in LoZ.  The triforce are Alien artifact originally designed as microchips.  You need to brush up on your LoZ knowledge before bashing.

Conegamer said:
prayformojo said:

As well as seal it's fate amoung hard core gamers. If you care about Nintendo as I do, the last thing you need is more "it's kiddy" BS. 

So? Regardless of what Nintendo announced today these comments would still be flying around. 

What matters to me at least is that the games look amazing; if others disagree then fine but I'll just be playing and enjoying the games.

Could choice of words...

You sir get a like :0

toot1231 said:

I did with WW im damn sure ready to do it again.

i wont buy what i wont like.

Srry but this right here is why people miss out on great games. The only person your hurting is yourself, good luck waiting 5-25years for a realistic Zelda, i'll be too busy playing  GREAT "Non Looking Realistic" Games :0

Edit: Dunno if you did play LoZ WW, its good but i like the othr Console games more (but the fighting style is great)