By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stunning Zelda screenshots direct from Nintendo

Zero999 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Zero999 said:

it's not that everything should be open world. where did you get that? it's just that the zelda franchise is suposed to be open world and today, we had a dream come true.

99% (ye I made this data up but you get the picture, I mean a lot) of the games comming out this year and the next are Open World. And Zelda was never truly open world it is more a hub based game, you have an open world playground to get you from dungeon to dungeon in a Metroidvania style. Theyre talking about going GTA/Skyrim open world here, where you can simply take off and go wherever the hell you want wich most often than not results in a completly dumbing down of the games narrative. When youre gona say what makes Skyrim a great game the narrative is not something anyone even mentions.

Zelda is good because it feels like Zelda, we didnt fall in love with the series because it had big sprawling open worlds. Instead of getting inspiration from other games get inspiration from other Zelda games and itll look and feel exactly like Zelda should. Its all Im saying.

That said the whole open world thing may end up working perfectly if they implement it right. But I get woried everytime a developer comes and say,"oh its a big open world" these days. Lets all remember the most condecorated game of all times was the "Last of Us" and that game is a fully linear story driven game.Open worldness is not somethig necessary for a game to work, somehow developers currently think it is.

Zelda is like the first open world game, it's what the series is about. and why are you comparing the last of us promises with it? this is nintendo.

Zelda has always been a hub based open world wich is very different from this open world theyre talking about here. Its a Dark Souls/Metrodvania style open world, its a hub conecting various points of insterests, it has never been the same as a Skyrim/GTA/Fallout like Open World wich almost always detracts from narrative in favor of giving you complete freedom.

And I mentioned "The Last of Us" here cause its a living breathing example that games dont need 100% freedom to be great. I want this Zelda to be like Zelda games have always been keep it linear enought to have a fun narrative but also give us enought room to explore and play in our open world hub, dont go full blown Skyrim kills narrative and lets you go to places open world , its all Im asking. 

And thank you for informing me this is Nintendo. Now all we need is a very deep pit a messanger from Persia and you can kick him down the pit while screaming "This is Nintendo!!!" from the top of your lungs.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

considering you coment and avatar, you must have loved the latest saint seya game on ps3.

Ha, I haven't played it yet, but I did prefer its look compared to Senki/Sanctuary Battle (or the PS2 games). The cel-shading also allowed for some neat manga-like details, like the lines that appear to simulate speed and such. I don't think it's quite on the same level as the Naruto games from CyberConnect2 though, which is why I would love to see them tackle Saint Seiya among others with that visual flair of theirs...

If it were up to me, every anime/manga-based game would either be cel-shaded or sprite-based. ^_^

TheLastStarFighter said:
The game looks like perfection. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

DEAD wrong

toot1231 said:

i hate looking at these it saddens me

WHY NINTENDO WHY?????

WHY SKYWARD SWORD GRAPHICS?

now i have to wait another 5 years and hope ill get a dark zelda.

As long as Nintendo are allowed to drag their feet, they will. If this game sells like hot cakes, it'll never happen.

BenVTrigger said:
BraveNewWorld said:

The graphics look great, but I do wish they were more realistic; thankfully we have the Dolphin emulator.

Twilight Princess in HD + texture pack

Honestly I think Zelda U destroys that look.

So glad they didnt go with that artstyle. Witcher 3 would just destroy it. Going with a unique art style will set the new Zelda apart from other open world RPGs

As well as seal it's fate amoung hard core gamers. If you care about Nintendo as I do, the last thing you need is more "it's kiddy" BS. 

Around the Network
seiya19 said:
Zero999 said:

considering you coment and avatar, you must have loved the latest saint seya game on ps3.

Ha, I haven't played it yet, but I did prefer its look compared to Senki/Sanctuary Battle (or the PS2 games). The cel-shading also allowed for some neat manga-like details, like the lines that appear to simulate speed and such. I don't think it's quite on the same level as the Naruto games from CyberConnect2 though, which is why I would love to see them tackle Saint Seiya among others with that visual flair of theirs...

If it were up to me, every anime/manga-based game would either be cel-shaded or sprite-based. ^_^

bold: totaly agreed.

prayformojo said:

As well as seal it's fate amoung hard core gamers. If you care about Nintendo as I do, the last thing you need is more "it's kiddy" BS. 

So? Regardless of what Nintendo announced today these comments would still be flying around. 

What matters to me at least is that the games look amazing; if others disagree then fine but I'll just be playing and enjoying the games.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The next Zelda should be outsourced to the Dark Souls Team or Retro Studios. With the current art style you scare away grown up gamers, even Wind Waker had very bad sales soley because of the Art Style, it sold less than 1 Mio. copies.

love this zelda, i like the new link or zelda XD.

KungKras said:
A sci-fi Zelda with cel shading.

Gee, thanks Aonuma.....

five more years of Ocarina of Time for me it seems....

yep ill be waiting with ya.

they are running the series into the ground.

starting after TP i have not bought a single zelda game on release day.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~