By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stunning Zelda screenshots direct from Nintendo

petroleo said:

this would have earn respect for Nintendo after so much dissapointment :/

/thread

I have to say that this version of Link actually looks better than the new one presented today.

Around the Network

Looks stunning. Have to get a Wiiu just for this. I laugh when a whole game is judged from a teaser trailer. I wonder what other form link can take?

The visual style is impressive. It looks like (great) concept art in motion. Nintendo just sold one more WiiU in 2015.

I'm not loving the new artstyle, but I don't have any real complaints about. But I'm troubled by the apparent emphasis on the "open world" in a Zelda game. That could be problematic.

Probably the most interesting thing about this trailer is the bow (which was very cool) and the sword...or the lack of it, I should say. Not even a sheath. Makes me wonder if this could be a prequel to Skyward Sword, since that game's story revolved around the forging of the Master Sword.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

zumnupy10 said:
petroleo said:

this would have earn respect for Nintendo after so much dissapointment :/

/thread

I have to say that this version of Link actually looks better than the new one presented today.

I think will never going to see this attention to detail in a Zelda game or any other game with this kind of current Nintendo administration, I think the Zelda franchise deserves more than  a cartoonish look.

Around the Network
seiya19 said:

Absolutely beautiful...

Since the moment I saw Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on PS3 I've been hoping for other Japanese developers to capitalize on the potential HD consoles have for fluid and detailed, cel-shading animation. A few nice examples came afterwards, but it still feels quite underused to me. I'm glad to see Nintendo giving it their very best with a major IP like Zelda, and it fits perfectly. This looks like a whole level above Wind Waker HD to me (specially since I'm not a fan of WW's designs...), with a better design for Link than Skyward Sword, and some intriguing "tech" elements (the enemy and the bow). It's easily the best looking game at this E3, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a Twilight Princess-esque look either like the original WiiU demo, but I much prefer this.

Now, let's just hope the game plays as good as it looks...

considering you coment and avatar, you must have loved the latest saint seya game on ps3.

A sci-fi Zelda with cel shading.

Gee, thanks Aonuma.....

five more years of Ocarina of Time for me it seems....

I LOVE ICELAND!

petroleo said:
zumnupy10 said:

I think will never going to see this attention to detail in a Zelda game or any other game with this kind of current Nintendo administration, I think the Zelda franchise deserves more than  a cartoonish look.

non realistic =/= cartoon. zelda for wii u isn't cartoonish

KungKras said:
A sci-fi Zelda with cel shading.

Gee, thanks Aonuma.....

five more years of Ocarina of Time for me it seems....

where's the sci-fi?

Man this game looks beautiful, if all.the gameplay looks like this amazing anime-esque style in motion I will be so damn happy.
Also loving Links design, possibly the best ever.