By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA's UFC 900p/30 fps on X1 and PS4.

Tagged games:

Is this a sign that EA sucks at optimizing games on PS4?

Yes 24 29.63%

Hell Yes 56 69.14%

Total:80

To be honest, this game should run 1080p on both platform. shame on you EA.

Around the Network

I bet they used the xbox one dev kit and then ported it to PS4.
I dont get why they would do this tbh. I thought Activision would do this due to the marketing agreement but it seems Activision is using the PS4 as their lead console. At least they see sense.

To have both games at 1080p would take effort and EA isn't into that. Their goal is to make the most money from as little effort as possible.

shloob said:
kitler53 said:
the same resolution on both console. parity clause at work?

You're an idiot.

LMAO, the but hurt is strong in this one.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

eFKac said:
kitler53 said:
the same resolution on both console. parity clause at work?

So the parity clause would work with EA (pretty much the only dev/pub who's games are same resolution on both)? Fortunately there is no parity clause forced by MS, just some devs who don't tap on PS4's power enough.

Battlefield 4 says hi

Around the Network
poklane said:
Can't even get 2 guys in a cage at 1080p 60FPS? Shame on you EA...

HAHAHA

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Mr Puggsly said:

"Despite EA Sports focusing on 1080p60 with its suite of launch games, UFC appears instead to operate at 1600x900 on both consoles."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ufc-demo-performance-analysis

I cannot for the life of me figure out why some games are so terribly optimized on these consoles.  From a pure PC hardware perspective the PS4 (Which has the equivalent of an R9 270) should be able to play any modern game in 1080p without breaking a sweat.  Hell the X1 with it's HD 7770 should be able to do 1080p in any modern game as well (Even though many settings would need to be turned down).

Games like Infamous and Killzone really show you the difference in talent between some developers.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Not surprised. At least the say it runs well barring the typical menu and navigation choppy presentation issues that paluge most EA titles that make them feel unpolished. 

Anyways, the games they had that hit 1080p60 last year for the new consoles were probably direct ports of the 360/PS3 versions. This game is the first time thay probably built an engine exclusively for the 8G consoles.

Seems like somebody quoted me and edited it in the last 2 posts