By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the death of playstation home

home lasted for years and was always populated with tons of stuff to do,

I wish for a new home on ps4, the biggest mistake for home was that it was visually like a retail game and struggled which include too much loading

they should release with literally carton simple visuals like miis in a way

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Playstation Home was really cool, it needs to come to the PS4. The PS3 version was unfortunately too laggy and slow, technical problems that would all be fixed in PS4. I once watched the E3 there.

RenCutypoison said:
Lawlight said:
RenCutypoison said:

I didn't even know people used it

So, you thought it was getting weekly support for years just for the fun of it?

I just never read a news about home getting update.

Just to make sure, ever heard of ultima online ?

There's one every week:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/?s=home

I hope they kill it and waste money on better things like games.

PSHome was shit.

KylieDog said:
Norris2k said:

I was expecting developers or sony to add a lot of games, areas and events inside home, that would make it grow like a mmorpg. Basically, Home is your interface to chat, launch game, download things.

The bolded is false, and those expectations of yours are actualy what happened.

Sounds like you and several others have never used home, or at least probably not since it launched in beta, and are oblivious to all the updates it has received, I don't use it but even I know what it does from all the blog posts detailing them.

Not sure about the bold part, what I meant is that I expected many games, games better than card games and chess, to be launched seamlessly from Home.

I'm surprised you can claim I don't know what I'm talking about, while you don't try it but just read about it. Try it for yourself, you'll see it's not what I was expecting. Some people love it, and even I used it a few weeks... but it's nothing big in term of features, update and support.

Just to explain my experience, I was first extremely disappointed by the beta. Months of waiting, hours of download... and it just happens to be like 1 single village from WOW, with no missions and about nothing to do for more than one hour. But after that I used Home again for a few weeks 3 years ago, and you can tell it's not by accident if it doesn't become news or if Sony does not talk about it. A lot more areas, but it's still a very little world with very few things to do except chat.

Around the Network

About time, and if its not dead yet then they should kill it. Complete wast of money. I hope sony does away with such distractions and focus an making the OS run as smoothly and have as many features as possible.

it looked like it had potential but it didnt thats why its game over.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I believe PlayStation®Home will be shifted to Gaikai service, just wait...

HokageTenshi said:
I believe PlayStation®Home will be shifted to Gaikai service, just wait...

yea, home would be a really good fit for Playstation Now, as input lag is very unimportant home and you wouldn't need to download all the spaces you want to explore/visit

but the usage fee should either be very low or Home should be included in a Now subscription (maybe a higher tier), if they choose to introduce one

Turkish said:
Playstation Home was really cool, it needs to come to the PS4. The PS3 version was unfortunately too laggy and slow, technical problems that would all be fixed in PS4. I once watched the E3 there.

My thoughts exactly.  I think Home was/is an excellent idea, it just never lived up to its potential.  It loaded to slowly, and they poorly set up game launching.  It needed to be more tightly integrated with the OS.  I've always personally felt that having Home as the default start up with the XMB as an overlay would have been the best approach.