By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the death of playstation home

Playstation home is all but dead. I doubt that it's coming to the ps4 in any form. I would'nt be shocked,if sony made some kind of announcement about shutting the servers down. I know home is still around,but it's community is dwindled 2 nothing. I could'nt find anything on home,expect for news about an update,toward the end of last year,when I googled it. I remember home being a huge deal,when if first came out on the ps3. I was excited about it,but the novelty wore off quick. So,why did home fail? I thought it had potential,but it was never fully fleshed out,in my mind. 

Around the Network

I believe Home was quite profitable, and still has massive potential. If PS4 continues its momentum and really runs away with this generation, Home could get the support it needs. With the massive RAM foot print available to the OS, and the the ability to do major multi-tasking PS4 can truly make Home a great app. Now that persistent chat, is possible, the social aspects of Home truly have a chance to shine. Add in live streaming of activities with friends over Live from PlayStation, and all kinds of new entertainment and creativity are possible.

I would imagine Home on PS3 is dying because, one the most social PS3 gamers have moved onto PS4, and 2 Sony has shifted its main focus to PS4. I don't think that they should announce something like this at E3 unless its in a brief mentioning. A smaller show like PAX, GDC, or maybe even an series of posts on PS Blog would make more sense.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Playstation Home was always that weird place you'd venture off to every once in awhile,but never stay long

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I had to google what it is, because I've never heard of it. And from what I've read on Wikipedia, I hope it doesn't come to PS4, it seems like a waste of time and resources.

The graphics and framerate really killed it for casuals, like it looks terrible and runs at an incredibly low fps with terrible animations all around.

Some pretty cool ideas tho like watching e3 and live streams with others on ps home is cool cause you actually take your avatar to the E3 press conferences. Overall it's pretty fun to waste some time there imo.

Around the Network

I doubt it's dead - it's still getting updates and items.

Burek said:
I had to google what it is, because I've never heard of it. And from what I've read on Wikipedia, I hope it doesn't come to PS4, it seems like a waste of time and resources.

Yeah it never really lived up to any real potential imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

maybe we'll see home 2.0 for morpheus.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

I didn't even know people used it

RenCutypoison said:

I didn't even know people used it

So, you thought it was getting weekly support for years just for the fun of it?