By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the death of playstation home

I find it funny that those that have been saying bad things about PS Home A. Never played it or B. played it once or twice years ago. Believe it or not but it has improved a lot over the years. For an absolutely free game that is in perma-beta that gives you tons of free content every month for years it's pretty damn good. Definitely something none of the competition has to offer. Now I'm not saying its perfect but it's not as bad as people make it out to be and it's generated a large enough profit to continually create new content every single month. You can bet it will be out eventually on Ps4. It took 2 years before open beta was released on ps3. I'm sure Home will be on ps4 but will likely be at the end of 2016 or mid 2017.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

Home was a massive waste of time, honestly. A lot of people didn't even bother to use it. It may have been "profitable", to some degree, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a wasted effort on Sony's part.

I never downloaded home .

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Norris2k said:
Killdarko said:

I dont think they will shut the server down because some people spent a lot of money on home. I met people on home that spent up to 1000 on it. So I do think they will bring it to PS4. They are still updating home everyday. Everytime I log onto PSH I see new things and new challenges. They make a lot of profit from it so they wont shut it down. They probably going to kill the server for home on PS3 and just bring it to PS4.

They are still so many people on home, but not as much. Playstation Home used to have a lot of people back when I started to use it in 2009. I think if they work on it a little more for the PS4 it will become great and grow back to being a big online community like it used to be. They need to make it like the Sims. We should be able to have kids and a family on PSH. And our kids should be able to grow up and go to school. Make it like the sims and people would love it.

I'm really surprised by claims that Home makes money. Whatever money Home is doing, it has to be compared with the cost of development which are sizeable. If you put 10 millions dollars on a project, a few  hundred thousand dollars yearly as a profit is enough to allows updates, but not enough to be a success, and not enough for a PS4 version.

About money, and a lot of interesting things about Home, I could find The story of Playstation Home. It's said to be quite a source of profit for some independant developers, Sony is making profit (no data), but including dev cost it is at loss.

I disagree with it coming 2 ps4,there's just not enough demand for it. 

oldschoolfool said:
Norris2k said:
Killdarko said:

I dont think they will shut the server down because some people spent a lot of money on home. I met people on home that spent up to 1000 on it. So I do think they will bring it to PS4. They are still updating home everyday. Everytime I log onto PSH I see new things and new challenges. They make a lot of profit from it so they wont shut it down. They probably going to kill the server for home on PS3 and just bring it to PS4.

They are still so many people on home, but not as much. Playstation Home used to have a lot of people back when I started to use it in 2009. I think if they work on it a little more for the PS4 it will become great and grow back to being a big online community like it used to be. They need to make it like the Sims. We should be able to have kids and a family on PSH. And our kids should be able to grow up and go to school. Make it like the sims and people would love it.

I'm really surprised by claims that Home makes money. Whatever money Home is doing, it has to be compared with the cost of development which are sizeable. If you put 10 millions dollars on a project, a few  hundred thousand dollars yearly as a profit is enough to allows updates, but not enough to be a success, and not enough for a PS4 version.

About money, and a lot of interesting things about Home, I could find The story of Playstation Home. It's said to be quite a source of profit for some independant developers, Sony is making profit (no data), but including dev cost it is at loss.

I disagree with it coming 2 ps4,there's just not enough demand for it. 

How could you possibly know that when you never play it? There are pleanty of people on it 24/7 around the world that would say there is pleanty of demand for it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

IMO, Home was always a bit subpar in it's experience due to the limited RAM size of the PS3. It would work great on the PS4 in this regards.

You have to download updates constantly. I think that pretty much killed it for me.

Nothing more than a glorified chat room. What an idiotic idea.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I doubt it will return for PS4, but it would be surprising if it made a comeback...

nice

so many "I don't like it, that's why Sony shouldn't do it" kind of posts, that are not even worth responding to *sigh*