By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the death of playstation home

darkknightkryta said:
Turkish said:
Playstation Home was really cool, it needs to come to the PS4. The PS3 version was unfortunately too laggy and slow, technical problems that would all be fixed in PS4. I once watched the E3 there.

My thoughts exactly.  I think Home was/is an excellent idea, it just never lived up to its potential.  It loaded to slowly, and they poorly set up game launching.  It needed to be more tightly integrated with the OS.  I've always personally felt that having Home as the default start up with the XMB as an overlay would have been the best approach.

That would be awesome. Home is really cool, especially those themed rooms.  I wish it comes to PS4 but is integrated in the OS, loads much faster and has all the features it couldnt have on ps3. The one thing that really only bothered me with Home was that it was just too slow/laggy and that is a problem they can easily fix on ps4.

Around the Network

Did this thing ever leave beta? I remember them promising great things for this, like a trophy room which never happened, at least not yet. But anyway i would like to see this on PS4, just for the sake of it. It would make sense. Great games and sometime events there.

And sadly i spent a little money here. I paid £3 for a virtual santa suit. I'm a black Santa Claus in Playstation Home lol

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Turkish said:
darkknightkryta said:

My thoughts exactly.  I think Home was/is an excellent idea, it just never lived up to its potential.  It loaded to slowly, and they poorly set up game launching.  It needed to be more tightly integrated with the OS.  I've always personally felt that having Home as the default start up with the XMB as an overlay would have been the best approach.

That would be awesome. Home is really cool, especially those themed rooms.  I wish it comes to PS4 but is integrated in the OS, loads much faster and has all the features it couldnt have on ps3. The one thing that really only bothered me with Home was that it was just too slow/laggy and that is a problem they can easily fix on ps4.

Yeah, can you imagine logging into your PS4 and just head over to your friend's apartment?

Again? how many of these are we going to get? Freaking the same d@mn crap, if this service was so d@mn dead why is it getting update's on it every d@mn week?

I will tell you why, because despite this Misconception about Home keeps floating on the internet about how its failed and does not do Good..which is posted by people that to be blunt do not even use the d@mn service in the first place, and keep trying to paint it up as a "failure" have really failed in the point they are trying to make, because despite the many Gamer's that keep trying to say it is, Playstation Home is far from a failure. As a matter of fact its a freaking cash Cow that is generating Millions of $$ and has a very active user Base. Example: just this week alone 7 new spaces were added, along with a slew of new items for your Avatar to win, if it was not doing as well as many on gamer boards try to claim, why the hell did Sony add official trophy support to the d@mn system?

This Diatribe of "Home being a failure" is down right Amusing considering they host a E3 event every year for the past 4 years live from within playstation Home! its far from dead people. I know because unlike many on here i use the d@mn service

there is multiple servers for Home just because a freaking space may not have as many on that area does not mean on another server it is not going to be full! for a matter of fact try this go to Playstation Home go to the Hub, than go to your personal space than go back to the hub, many times you get to go to the hub on not the same d@mn server. some can be nearly empty but other's can be packed to the gills.

Same with going to Acorn Park, or the theatre space's or go over to the Aurora space playstation home. you get a free item every 5th level and it takes a long time to reach over 100th level and @ 100th level you get a free personal space! many people are there all the time trying to get the free spaces. there is more than 1 free personal space i have 3 of them from that space by winning them.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

darkknightkryta said:
Turkish said:
darkknightkryta said:

Yeah, can you imagine logging into your PS4 and just head over to your friend's apartment?

Would be great ! Even now I think there is so much potential in it, especially on PS4 hardware. A gakai version accessible everywhere would also be excellent. Access to it from anywhere, PS3, PS4, PSV, even directly from your Sony TV !

Around the Network

Being in the BETA for centuries sure didnt help it...

PDF said:
Logged on to Home when it first came out, after being hyped about it forever. Found it dull and boring and never logged on it again. Always meant to try it again since I heard it had improved greatly since launch but never did. I had actually forgotten about it until right now.

I don't think your thoughts are going to change.  The biggest thing with home, that people seem to miss, is that it's a forum.  Go in, see people talking and join the conversation.  I find the people who complain are those who just go in expecting to "play" when you're not supposed to.  Though they added a bunch of mini games in more recently to try to appease those people.  So if you go in expecting to play things, it probably isn't for you.  If you go in treating it like a forum, then you'll be good.

Norris2k said:
darkknightkryta said:

Would be great ! Even now I think there is so much potential in it, especially on PS4 hardware. A gakai version accessible everywhere would also be excellent. Access to it from anywhere, PS3, PS4, PSV, even directly from your Sony TV !

Yeah, but there's too much disconnect within Sony.  Home needs to be integrated into the OS and I doubt that'll ever happen.  I think the best devs can do, is make "home" portals into their games.  Like with Street Fighter X Tekken for isntance; there's a Home area for it.  But why can't you access it from the game?  Why can't people hosting their matches automatically be sent to that area, should people agree to it (Or be auto if Home was integrated properly).  That way people can go into the Home area looking for groups who are playing.  Like with the recent Street Fighter 4 update I'd love to walk into a Home room and look for people to chat up with and play against.  Hell I remember I found a person in Home willing to play some Street Fighter 2 with, he beat my ass mind you, but still.  So much potential.

darkknightkryta said:
Norris2k said:
darkknightkryta said:

Yeah, but there's too much disconnect within Sony.  Home needs to be integrated into the OS and I doubt that'll ever happen.  I think the best devs can do, is make "home" portals into their games.  Like with Street Fighter X Tekken for isntance; there's a Home area for it.  But why can't you access it from the game?  Why can't people hosting their matches automatically be sent to that area, should people agree to it (Or be auto if Home was integrated properly).  That way people can go into the Home area looking for groups who are playing.  Like with the recent Street Fighter 4 update I'd love to walk into a Home room and look for people to chat up with and play against.  Hell I remember I found a person in Home willing to play some Street Fighter 2 with, he beat my ass mind you, but still.  So much potential.

Yes, even a bunch of tricks would be good enough, like game loading from home in the background, home-like waiting room easy to create for games. I think also graphically speaking Home was too ambitious, the point is to be able to have an OS like light background application that can show anytime. I don't understand why they create such a rich 3D, I would have prefered a wow like graphics with an excellent integration.

I don't know why people complain about it. It's free and they give out prizes. No one forces you to use it either...

I check it out from time to time. Every once in a while there are some adventure quests where you can win PSN codes for PS1 games. Last time I got Twisted Metal, Demolition Derby, and Warhawk.