By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the death of playstation home

Maybe it will come back as a VR version. It wasn't a bad idea, but the horrible load times killed it. The mini games were all right, playing the Buzz quiz in home was pretty entertaining. And fun to visit rooms of your favorite games to see some more artwork. Too bad the whole thing was a bit like user made LBP levels, most was not worth your time.

Around the Network
Norris2k said:
Killdarko said:

I dont think they will shut the server down because some people spent a lot of money on home. I met people on home that spent up to 1000 on it. So I do think they will bring it to PS4. They are still updating home everyday. Everytime I log onto PSH I see new things and new challenges. They make a lot of profit from it so they wont shut it down. They probably going to kill the server for home on PS3 and just bring it to PS4.

They are still so many people on home, but not as much. Playstation Home used to have a lot of people back when I started to use it in 2009. I think if they work on it a little more for the PS4 it will become great and grow back to being a big online community like it used to be. They need to make it like the Sims. We should be able to have kids and a family on PSH. And our kids should be able to grow up and go to school. Make it like the sims and people would love it.

I'm really surprised by claims that Home makes money. Whatever money Home is doing, it has to be compared with the cost of development which are sizeable. If you put 10 millions dollars on a project, a few  hundred thousand dollars yearly as a profit is enough to allows updates, but not enough to be a success, and not enough for a PS4 version.

About money, and a lot of interesting things about Home, I could find The story of Playstation Home. It's said to be quite a source of profit for some independant developers, Sony is making profit (no data), but including dev cost it is at loss.

Stop it, jack already stated Home is at profit, no loss. This has been for years now even at a dev. Level its low cost high return on investment if it was not the case updates every d@mn week would not be done if it was a case of being a freaking loss leader.

fact sony's man in charge even stated its almost pure proft = there is a very low chance after over 6, years that home is only a net loss thats just wishful thinking by many  on this very forum, not saying you are , that to be blunt

A) do not use the service B) show really nothing but disdain for home and have harking and repeating the home is a "failure" of a service its been over 6 years people an Sony still not has folded away home and still has not stopped putting and spending resources into home. 

Many of the gamers Just need to let the hate go. Its been 6 d@mn long years and Sony is still keeping support for what is quote a failure of a service..lmao 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Playstation Home aka Playstation's Second Life, is like for any other project today: be the best or be nothing.

There was absolutely no point in having a dumbed down version of Second Life/Sims close to one limited ecosystem unless they made it something great or even better than Second Life.

joeorc said:
Norris2k said:
Killdarko said:

I dont think they will shut the server down because some people spent a lot of money on home. I met people on home that spent up to 1000 on it. So I do think they will bring it to PS4. They are still updating home everyday. Everytime I log onto PSH I see new things and new challenges. They make a lot of profit from it so they wont shut it down. They probably going to kill the server for home on PS3 and just bring it to PS4.

They are still so many people on home, but not as much. Playstation Home used to have a lot of people back when I started to use it in 2009. I think if they work on it a little more for the PS4 it will become great and grow back to being a big online community like it used to be. They need to make it like the Sims. We should be able to have kids and a family on PSH. And our kids should be able to grow up and go to school. Make it like the sims and people would love it.

I'm really surprised by claims that Home makes money. Whatever money Home is doing, it has to be compared with the cost of development which are sizeable. If you put 10 millions dollars on a project, a few  hundred thousand dollars yearly as a profit is enough to allows updates, but not enough to be a success, and not enough for a PS4 version.

About money, and a lot of interesting things about Home, I could find The story of Playstation Home. It's said to be quite a source of profit for some independant developers, Sony is making profit (no data), but including dev cost it is at loss.

Stop it, jack already stated Home is at profit, no loss. This has been for years now even at a dev. Level its low cost high return on investment if it was not the case updates every d@mn week would not be done if it was a case of being a freaking loss leader.

fact sony's man in charge even stated its almost pure proft = there is a very low chance after over 6, years that home is only a net loss thats just wishful thinking by many  on this very forum, not saying you are , that to be blunt

A) do not use the service B) show really nothing but disdain for home and have harking and repeating the home is a "failure" of a service its been over 6 years people an Sony still not has folded away home and still has not stopped putting and spending resources into home. 

Many of the gamers Just need to let the hate go. Its been 6 d@mn long years and Sony is still keeping support for what is quote a failure of a service..lmao 

You seem so angry from the very beginning... lmao

I found it interesting.. It was the same concept as my early days using the internet.. It just went too damn slow. Characters took a minute to load, loading times every new area which was like 20 steps and in general just a hazzle to use.. One thing that was really cool was during e3 where they made a giant hall for everyone to watvh it together live in. They also recreated the e3 floor. Also free multiplayer chess and similar games.

Around the Network
Norris2k said:
joeorc said:
Norris2k said:
Killdarko said:

You seem so angry from the very beginning... lmao

Lmao, I know its this very same perception about how playstation home is a failure has been going for 
 On now 6+ years and still despite the diatribe its still here and healthy. Like just a few mins ago I was on and the hub is already full of users chatting away and talking about every thing from sony to xbox to nintendo games to clubbing , food to drama going on with relarionships. All the while people are looking to complete this week challenges, to finishing certain games in home to gain its items.

The service is far from dead as many it seems to claim despite the proof its not dead or is a failure at all.

The install base for active users is quite large.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

goulibouli said:

Playstation Home aka Playstation's Second Life, is like for any other project today: be the best or be nothing.

There was absolutely no point in having a dumbed down version of Second Life/Sims close to one limited ecosystem unless they made it something great or even better than Second Life.

Oh' for the love of freaking god, its not 2nd life, many times people claim this and it proves that very same point, you do not use the service!

Already in this thread most of the people slamming this service or say its pointless do not even use the service so what do the hell do they know about it. Nothing thats what.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Fusioncode said:
Nothing more than a glorified chat room. What an idiotic idea.

Says the man chatting in a glorified chat room.

darkknightkryta said:
Fusioncode said:

What? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
darkknightkryta said:
Fusioncode said:

What? 

This forum is nothing more than a glorified chat room, why is this better than home?