By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the death of playstation home

Chris Hu said:
Never used it glad its dead. Also think it never officially got out the beta stage either.

Wow, for a service thats "dead" I sure can log in and use the service today!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
Daisuke72 said:
The graphics and framerate really killed it for casuals, like it looks terrible and runs at an incredibly low fps with terrible animations all around.

Some pretty cool ideas tho like watching e3 and live streams with others on ps home is cool cause you actually take your avatar to the E3 press conferences. Overall it's pretty fun to waste some time there imo.

They also advertised the ability to watch movies and listen to music with your friends in appartments.  That never happened, like many features they advertised, and as such I never feel like it ever came close to its full potential.

Um you might want to actually trying home before making statments like this. You absolutly can listen to music and watch movies with friends in your apartment right now. Thanks to the crackle service you can even watch numerous TV shows or anime in your apartment...

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Every time I used home I only stayed like 20 minutes before getting bored.

joeorc said:
Chris Hu said:
Never used it glad its dead. Also think it never officially got out the beta stage either.

It might not be dead officially but for the most part its dead since most people never bothered to use it in the first place.

Chris Hu said:
joeorc said:
Chris Hu said:

It might not be dead officially but for the most part its dead since most people never bothered to use it in the first place.

Actually looking at the user base most people do actually use it. The only ones that say otherwise appear to be bitter haters that have absolutly no real experiance with the service. Hell reading this thread alone shows a huge number of jelous hate with absolutly no experiance or real knowledge of the service.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
joeorc said:
Chris Hu said:

Wait, most people?

If that was the case why is there freaking updates with new content released every week! Here is a hint thats not a small user base!

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Nicklesbe said:
Chris Hu said:
joeorc said:
Chris Hu said:

Actually looking at the user base most people do actually use it. The only ones that say otherwise appear to be bitter haters that have absolutly no real experiance with the service. Hell reading this thread alone shows a huge number of jelous hate with absolutly no experiance or real knowledge of the service.

100% exactly you can tell who uses this service and who does not use this service. Its pretty clear..lmao

I AM BOLO

ps:

The Second Second Life is going down too? Who wonders...

joeorc said:
Captain_Tom said:
Daisuke72 said:
The graphics and framerate really killed it for casuals, like it looks terrible and runs at an incredibly low fps with terrible animations all around.

Some pretty cool ideas tho like watching e3 and live streams with others on ps home is cool cause you actually take your avatar to the E3 press conferences. Overall it's pretty fun to waste some time there imo.

They also advertised the ability to watch movies and listen to music with your friends in appartments.  That never happened, like many features they advertised, and as such I never feel like it ever came close to its full potential.

Now I know for a fact that you do not use playstation home , because yes you can listen to radio in personsl spaces and movie watching with loot tvs crackle full movies can be watched along with music in all personal spaces. This is 100% a fact

http://www.radioio.com/everywhere-playstation/playstation-home-offers/

I don't want radio.  I want my MP3's and my movies stored on MY system.  I used Home a lot bud. I own several spaces.

joeorc said:
Nicklesbe said:
Chris Hu said:
joeorc said:
Chris Hu said:

100% exactly you can tell who uses this service and who does not use this service. Its pretty clear..lmao

And most people that own or owned a PS3 never used it or it would have launched with the PS4.