By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers are getting what they (we) deserve with games like Wolfenstein New Order

Scisca said:
From what you say it sounds like this game is pretty awesome. It's such a pity I still don't have a PS4, as I'd buy it for it to support such a game.

It is on PS3 as well.  I have the 360 version as well as the X1 version.  The graphics are still solid on 360 so I assume it would be the same for PS3.

Around the Network

Well...I've burned out of FPS. After playing Halo and Bioshock, I'm sure nothing can surpass those to series. Though, I don't have any money and I sold my PS3, so I might consider "trying" it, by other means..

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Being a solid FPS is just not going to make you stand out in this FPS saturated industry. These days the game either has to be an established franchise, be created by a developer famous for an FPS game, or have a major defining feature that sets it way apart from everything else.

Go play some nintendo and be happy.

Sad to see a such good thread be deralied for things beyond our power. If someone says that don't think its worth full price, they have the rigth to not buy it, and he doesn't deserved to be called a idiot for it. IIts not like there is a easy way to know if you will like a game before buying. Some could say: play it, but how can he do it without demo or a friend to lend the game?

Anyway, back on topic: i agree with op, and i really got interested on this game, and i will buy in the future. But, not because i know will get cheaper, its because i'm saving for a better machine and a new console. And i never bougth any game day one, and only have bf3 because it came with mirrors edge in a bundle.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:

Its hard to call a game generic that you have never played.

I hate when people say that. That's absolutely rediculus. We're all gamers here and we all have more than a fleeting amount of experience when it comes to many different genres. Many of us have a particularly keen bit of experience when it comes to FPS games because the most recent generation we've had had been so saturated with them. To tell me that you or anyone else hasn't gained enough experience by now to accurately jugde how you'll feel about a game just by watching the nessesary amount of gameplay takes away all the credit you've gained over the years as a gamer. It makes you sound like you have not faith in the experience you've earned over your many years of gaming.

In a generation filled with shooters, extremely polished mechanics and no regenerating health just won[t separate it enough from everything else. The same way I borderline refuse to buy a sidescrolling indie game unless it looks absolutely unique or extraordinary like Child of Light, which isn't even indie, or Ghost Song, which isn't even unique.

soulfly666 said:

You don't have to preface anything with anything.  Your opinion of this game has zero credibility as you have never played it.  I hope you end up enjoying it when you get around to it.  I have played it, and liked it, and hope you do also.

My video game experience is all the credibility I need.

NeoRatt said:

Instead, gamers continue to support series like Battlefield and CoD where they milk you at every corner...  And shun games that are perfectly good like Wolfenstein New Order.  Why don't FPS fans want to buy a new copy of Wolfenstein New Order to encourage the best behaviors from developers and publishers?

Perhaps most avid FPS fans want good multiplayer more than a single player experience?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

spemanig said:
soulfly666 said:

LMAO. Hey, we should all go into threads and openly admit to not playing the game the thread is based on, then talk badly about the game, stating 100% untrue things like it is generic and not worth the entry price, and then maintain our opinion of said game we have never played is totally valid.

I don't need to play a game to know if I think it's worth buying at it's current asking price.

That's exactly how I feel about Mario Kart 8. I'm gonna wait till its cheaper :o.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

No multiplayer and generic singleplayer FPS. Doesnt deserve anything more than any other generic FPS without multiplayer. I think the people that rave about this game are PS4/X1 owners that dont have anything to play on their systems so they have a higher admiration for the game. In a year or 2 people will forget this game ever existed.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

That's exactly how I feel about Mario Kart 8. I'm gonna wait till its cheaper :o.

That's fine. I waited until I could get MK7 for $20 on the eshop before buying it. I've played other Mario Karts and I understand the value I'm getting. Nothing wrong with waiting.