By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers are getting what they (we) deserve with games like Wolfenstein New Order

sales2099 said:
We old school gamers gotta get with the times....the average gamer is impatient, and has the disposable income to buy the dlc. I agree with the OP......we are all hypocrites on some level.

No we don't.  There are more than enough games released every year to satisfy everyone's tastes, and to allow people to be picky with what they intend to spend their money on.  The younger crowd will do what they do, as they have always done (as we did when we were the younger crowd).  Doesn't mean we need to jump on board a ship we completely disagree with.  Nor does it mean we have to adopt the mentality of the average gamer (I'd need a lobotomy for that).

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
sales2099 said:
We old school gamers gotta get with the times....the average gamer is impatient, and has the disposable income to buy the dlc. I agree with the OP......we are all hypocrites on some level.

No we don't.  There are more than enough games released every year to satisfy everyone's tastes, and to allow people to be picky with what they intend to spend their money on.  The younger crowd will do what they do, as they have always done (as we did when we were the younger crowd).  Doesn't mean we need to jump on board a ship we completely disagree with.  Nor does it mean we have to adopt the mentality of the average gamer (I'd need a lobotomy for that).

Hey I don't like it either but if I like a game and it has enticing DLC content.....Im going to buy it. I don't want to miss out so my hands are tied. Complaining about it on a forum ain't going to change that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
mornelithe said:
sales2099 said:

Hey I don't like it either but if I like a game and it has enticing DLC content.....Im going to buy it. I don't want to miss out so my hands are tied. Complaining about it on a forum ain't going to change that.

I make the hard sacrifice, with any game from a 3rd party studio that has timed or complete exclusivity, massive amounts of useless DLC, and sells  map packs for exorbitant prices, I say no thanks.  Then again, I am very stubborn, and I despise much of what's occurred in this last ps3/360 generation, which makes it really easy for me to tell devs/publishers etc... to go eff themselves.  Sure, I may own some of the games that I describe above, but the vast, vast majority were either gifts, or borrowed.

Oh great I'm glad this thread was positive. Was worried it was going to be sarcastic. That's good to hear it's also 60fps rock solid on ps4/X1 isn't it? So yeah. Exactly what gamers want. I plan picking it up soonish. I was just waiting for some reviews/first play feedback first.

I love the "not worth $60" comments. Back in the day $60 got you 5 stages you could blast through in an hour. :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
 I was just waiting for some reviews/first play feedback first

Old-school FPS fused with modern standards without sacrificing its charisma; and on top of that a long (but not tedious!) campaing which good replayability value. That's the best feedback you can get :3

Around the Network

I've got two chapters left to do on Uber difficultly and I've been loving every minute of it so far. I kind of don't want it to end. I agree more people should purchase the game new instead of waiting to get it pre owned, the developers deserve it.
Wolfenstein The New Order is possibly my favorite game of this gen so far. If your a fan of old school shooters you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

Every game is generic for him except Nintedo games.

Kane1389 said:
spemanig said:
I know this will sound harsh, but a generic FPS about killing Nazi's after a generation like the one we've just had just isn't worth $60, no matter how polished it is.

Generic FPS about killing nazis? Do you know a single thing about Wolfenstein?

I've seen gameplay. It's generic. Again, it may be good, but that kind of experience isn't worth $60.

Zadainie said:

Every game is generic for him except Nintedo games.

Lol, nope. Bioshock. Deus Ex: HR. Dishonored. All not Nintendo games. All not generic. All worth $60 when they came out. I speak the truth.

spemanig said:
Kane1389 said:
spemanig said:
I know this will sound harsh, but a generic FPS about killing Nazi's after a generation like the one we've just had just isn't worth $60, no matter how polished it is.

Generic FPS about killing nazis? Do you know a single thing about Wolfenstein?

I've seen gameplay. It's generic. Again, it may be good, but that kind of experience isn't worth $60.

What exactly about this game is generic?  Your statement is not only wrong, it has no basis whatsoever.  This game has sci-fi, alternate history, history, elder scrolls esque perk system, unique armor pickups, metal cutting weapons, one of the best lean systems ever in gaming, heavily destructible environments, intentionally epic drama, dual wielding of everything even sniper rifles, optional full stealth, multi-paths to resolution of tons of scenes, hidden pathway routes to scenes, mechs, mech dogs, nazis, nazi mech hybrids, great story, memorable unique characters, full water levels, different tiers and types of collectables, difficulty based health recharge behavior, 4 unlockable game modes, nightmare sequence, minigames, no multiplayer focus, spans multiple continents, has skippable scenes and enemies, other aspects I am forgetting.

What more could they possibly have in 1 shooter to make it any less "generic"?  Way to review and dump on something without even playing it.