By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers are getting what they (we) deserve with games like Wolfenstein New Order

spemanig said:
NeoRatt said:

Its hard to call a game generic that you have never played.

I hate when people say that. That's absolutely rediculus. We're all gamers here and we all have more than a fleeting amount of experience when it comes to many different genres. Many of us have a particularly keen bit of experience when it comes to FPS games because the most recent generation we've had had been so saturated with them. To tell me that you or anyone else hasn't gained enough experience by now to accurately jugde how you'll feel about a game just by watching the nessesary amount of gameplay takes away all the credit you've gained over the years as a gamer. It makes you sound like you have not faith in the experience you've earned over your many years of gaming.

In a generation filled with shooters, extremely polished mechanics and no regenerating health just won[t separate it enough from everything else. The same way I borderline refuse to buy a sidescrolling indie game unless it looks absolutely unique or extraordinary like Child of Light, which isn't even indie, or Ghost Song, which isn't even unique.

soulfly666 said:

You don't have to preface anything with anything.  Your opinion of this game has zero credibility as you have never played it.  I hope you end up enjoying it when you get around to it.  I have played it, and liked it, and hope you do also.

My video game experience is all the credibility I need.

All I am saying is a few minutes of gameplay video doesn't tell the whole story.  it looks generic in every video I have seen, and to a certain extent that is true, but it does everything very good, and it does it in a way that doesn't seem generic.  I've played literally 100's of shooter this past gen.  To say Wildenstein new order is generic does not do it justice.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
NeoRatt said:

Instead, gamers continue to support series like Battlefield and CoD where they milk you at every corner...  And shun games that are perfectly good like Wolfenstein New Order.  Why don't FPS fans want to buy a new copy of Wolfenstein New Order to encourage the best behaviors from developers and publishers?

Perhaps most avid FPS fans want good multiplayer more than a single player experience?

I can understand that.  But, if you like campaigns, this is probably one of the better ones.

NeoRatt said:

All I am saying is a few minutes of gameplay video doesn't tell the whole story.  it looks generic in every video I have seen, and to a certain extent that is true, but it does everything very good, and it does it in a way that doesn't seem generic.  I've played literally 100's of shooter this past gen.  To say Wildenstein new order is generic does not do it justice.

Again, I never said it wasn't good. Like I said with reguards to indie platformers/metrovanias, just doing all the generic shooter things well isn't enough to justify $60 to me. I've played games that look as good, and better than Wolfenstein in the same genre. I don't need to play another, and if I did, I definitely wouldn't pay $60 for it, which is all I'm saying. Not that it's bad. It just isn't nearly unique enough to merit a day one buy. Still haven't gotten NSMBU. I love 2D Marios. That game isn't worth more than $20 to me.

I actually think Wolfenstein will do fine in sales. Considering it was single player only I doubt the budget was that larger so it doesn't need to make COD numbers to be a success. I hope it does well because this industry needs more high quality single player FPS.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

HoloDust said:
I'd say the reason is that Wolfenstein caters more to old-school FPS gamers than to CoD mainstream bunch.

This. It's really not the same audience. A large percentage of COD-players never even touch the Single-Player. 

I'm getting the game on PC when it's 30$. It does appeal to me, I do want to support games like it and I'm glad it's a complete package. However, I can't afford to pay full price for it.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

i'll take sp only fps over mp only fps anyday if its good. will get the game on pc or ps4 when i've got some free time to play.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

NeoRatt said:
Scisca said:
From what you say it sounds like this game is pretty awesome. It's such a pity I still don't have a PS4, as I'd buy it for it to support such a game.

It is on PS3 as well.  I have the 360 version as well as the X1 version.  The graphics are still solid on 360 so I assume it would be the same for PS3.

Unfortunately I'm on a strick policy - not buying a single cross-gen game on the old gen hardware.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

POE said:
Go play some nintendo and be happy.

That doesn't make me happy. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
POE said:
Go play some nintendo and be happy.

That doesn't make me happy. 

What a shame. You could have a blast playing Mario Kart 8 this weekend.

My son did his part and bought it for his Xbox One and loves it.  However, my kids have frown up with pretty much every single system ever made in our house and played the original Wolfenstein 3D on the Atari Jaguar :)

Stop hating and start playing.