By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - (Spoiler) Walking Dead (show) anyone a fan?, I just watched the first season...

PullusPardus said:

Yeah I guess so, I just watched it after Breaking Bad (same team of staff) but I realized it came out a couple of years earlier so they weren't as good back then.

While it is also produced by AMC, it's not created by the same people...which actually shows, BB is (IMO) much better show (though, again IMO, Mad Men, another AMC's gem, tops them both)

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
PullusPardus said:

Yeah I guess so, I just watched it after Breaking Bad (same team of staff) but I realized it came out a couple of years earlier so they weren't as good back then.

While it is also produced by AMC, it's not created by the same people...which actually shows, BB is (IMO) much better show (though, again IMO, Mad Men, another AMC's gem, tops them both)

well looking at the casting staff (the people who select the actors) they were the same

It really is one of the worst shows on t.v.

Edit: Breaking Bad and Mad Men are terrific though and also on AMC.

HoloDust said:
PullusPardus said:

About Mad men though i never watched it, but its 7 seasons and its still ongoing I have a lot to catch up on.

I enjoy shorter serieses more.

PullusPardus said:
HoloDust said:
PullusPardus said:

well looking at the casting staff (the people who select the actors) they were the same

LOL, yes, that's about the only thing they share...not to downplay their roles, cause they've done really great job (specially with BB), but creators/showrunners are completely different, and that's what matters the most on scripted shows.

About Mad men though i never watched it, but its 7 seasons and its still ongoing I have a lot to catch up on.

I enjoy shorter serieses more.

For my taste, Mad Men is one of the best shows ever created, though it might not be everyone's cup of tea due to generally, albeit purposefully, slower  pacing.

Around the Network

The first season was amazing as hell but nose dived into a soap opera with zombies in season two. Seriously.

Sometimes I wonder if the writers for the show even try anymore.

Season 2 is good all in a row, so you're set with Netflix. In a per-episode basis, not a lot happens that season, but as a whole I really like it and it has VERY defining moments for the show.

Season 3 became more action-based after complaints from people about the farm, but I don't think it flowed as well as Season 2. A lot of people say it's the worst season, but I disagree strongly. Not the best season, but it has LOTS of cool things to watch with a decent story to boot.

Season 4 is just amazing. The only people I've heard complaining either didn't pay enough attention or was only watching for Rick. Tons of balance with action and character development. Must watch.

ALSO, the comics are awesome, and PLAY THE TELLTALE GAME! If you love the concept but the characters don't jive (or if they do!) DEFINITELY play the game, even though it's more an interactive movie it's still one of the best PC games I've played...

The Walking Dead is really hit or miss for me. Some episodes are great, and some are hard to sit through.

KylieDog said:
naruball said:
I don't get how it managed to be so succeessful.

Zombies.  Without them this would have been cancelled long ago, I don't know a single person who watches it for another reason.

See I get that. That was the reason my friends and I started watching it in the first place. But we stopped watching at some point. If you look at the ratings the show is not only doing amazing at the momnent, but its ratings improve with every new season. That would indicate improvement in quality, which I didn't notice. Then again, it started doing bad in season 2 for a few episodes and then great from a point on, so I can only assume that Season 2 had some slow episodes and then got considerably better.