By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - (Spoiler) Walking Dead (show) anyone a fan?, I just watched the first season...

The season 1 ending was really jarring and out of place. It doesn't seem any less stupid three seasons later, but it isn't really mentioned much, so I guess they pretend there were no exploding secret bases?

Stick with it though; season two has some fantastically devastating moments (even if it starts slowly).

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
In my opinion it's one of the best shows on TV. Losing Darabont was a big blow, but the show has managed to stay relevant, intelligent, unpredictable, and genuinely terrifying throughout.

Unpredictable??? What show are you watching I liked season 1 and from there on out the show was so predictable with its manufactured drama! It was really annoying how they always seem to forget they were in a zombie apocalypse. OMG the zombies are taking down the fence in the prison yet in every other episode they were killing the zombies on the fence daily its like they forgot zombies were there! 

AAA300 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
In my opinion it's one of the best shows on TV. Losing Darabont was a big blow, but the show has managed to stay relevant, intelligent, unpredictable, and genuinely terrifying throughout.

Unpredictable??? What show are you watching I liked season 1 and from there on out the show was so predictable with its manufactured drama! It was really annoying how they always seem to forget they were in a zombie apocalypse. OMG the zombies are taking down the fence in the prison yet in every other episode they were killing the zombies on the fence daily its like they forgot zombies were there! 

If you've been able to accurately predict this show, especially with the way it veers away from the comics and the way in which it unexpectedly kills off major characters, then your powers rival Nostradamus.

I really like the show, though It hasn't been a perfect experience. Season 1 got dumb when they got to the facility. Season 2 was slow, only toward the end is where it gets good. Season 3 and 4 is where the show has finally been that must watch. Except I though it was dumb when the Gov rolls up with a tank and 30 or so people, and no main character dies except for Hershel. I suppose they eventually did lose the other people as a result of the attack, but I thought we should have another major death to make the Gov leave a permanent mark, like the baby actually getting eaten.

I can't wait to see how they will leave the train, and kill and take over the Terminus town. It's going to be ridiculously convenient for Rick and co, as usual. Smh.C

Covered massive spoilers for OP with spoiler text, he has only seen season 1!

Mummelmann

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

It has potential, but after so many seasons I am not really bothered anymore with the characters.

Around the Network

Buddy, the show has some simply amazing moments, some wtf moments, and some moments to make you cry. It also has some lazy, sloppy writing at times and some moments that seem to happen just to keep comics fans from knowing everything. Season 2 is going to be really slow at times but don't give up on it. The payoff will be the greatest thing ever. get to watching!

Yer I've watched up to season 3. It's a little bit of a slow burn at times but still addictive, as you know they're always building to something. There are some great characters and moments that keep you hooked, and it is hard to predict at times...though the more you watch it I think the easier it gets to see what's coming. They tend to telegraph certain big deaths, but usually there's so much going on you don't realise

Astrosquall1 ~

Now that's a signature!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
AAA300 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

If you've been able to accurately predict this show, especially with the way it veers away from the comics and the way in which it unexpectedly kills off major characters, then your powers rival Nostradamus.

So far, yeah it is quite predictable.

d21lewis said:
Buddy, the show has some simply amazing moments, some wtf moments, and some moments to make you cry. It also has some lazy, sloppy writing at times and some moments that seem to happen just to keep comics fans from knowing everything. Season 2 is going to be really slow at times but don't give up on it. The payoff will be the greatest thing ever. get to watching!

Yeah I guess so, I just watched it after Breaking Bad (same team of staff) but I realized it came out a couple of years earlier so they weren't as good back then.

PullusPardus said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

So far, yeah it is quite predictable.

To be fair, you've only seen about 12% of the show.