By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will the recent X1 policy reversal affect Europe?

What kind of sales boost do you expect for Europe?

None at all 31 27.68%

Barely noticeable 57 50.89%

Same as US 12 10.71%

Same as Ouya 12 10.71%

Total:112

We all know that the recent announcements will probably hit big in the US but what about Europe?

Will it even be noticeable?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The Xbox Gold Plus thing will do some damage I think, like, 20% increase in sales or so, it is overall a very good idea. The Kinect 2.0 thing was sad for me, as I already own the console and would like to see some workout and fitness games released in the future, also, I use Xbox Fitness everyday, I wonder what I will do when the discontinue it, it is pretty adictive...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

UK yes, elsewhere not really

It will affect the UK ( duh), but I don't think it will to do much in other European countries!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Only have a real effect in the UK. Mainland Europe is Sony land.

Around the Network

Doubt it apart from in UK.

I fail to see how it will impact anything, people seem to think it will be helpful in the UK, but just look at amazon.co.uk - Titanfall bundle is currently at £389.86. How exactly is a £350 kinectless and no game bundled sku supposed to make a difference?

UK will see a somewhat significant boost, while the other European Countries will see smaller boosts for a short while.

Its gonna help.

Fun fact: you still can't buy an Xbox One here in the Netherlands (I don't even get why, it's not like we don't buy games..) Unless you import it from another country.

Amazon UK, Asda selling Xbox One at PS4 price of £350

"Amazon's UK arm and high street retailer Asda are currently offering the Titanfall Xbox One bundle at £349, the same price tag Sony UK puts on the PS4. The Xbox One originally launched at £430 in the country before Microsoft reduced its "estimated retail price" to £399 earlier this year.

Amazon and Asda's pricing constitutes an almost 20 percent reduction from the Xbox One's launch price, a situation mirrored this time last year by the Wii U following its sales struggles. Last we heard, the Xbox One sold 3 million units by the close of 2013 following its launch in November; there's been no update on that figure since the turn of the year.

Meanwhile, the Xbox One's regular price remains $499 in the US, although Microsoft is still selling it at $449 on its online store for a limited time."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/11/asda-amazon-uk-selling-xbox-one-at-ps4-price-of-350/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One Console with Kinect and Titanfall download - £389,99

http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-console-with-kinect-and-titanfall-download-282114?categoryIdentifier=607603&catGroupId=

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry but unless Microsoft's strategy was to increase perceived value for the Titanfall bundle (therefore increasing its sales now). I have yet to see a rational explanation as to why a £350 Xbox One without a game and kinect is going to increase sales in the UK. The Titanfall bundle has been on sale for that same price and even now several retailers are selling it for only £40 more.