By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think is the best case scenario for the Wii U?

Tagged games:

TheGoldenBoy said:
NightDragon83 said:
Best case scenario for Wii U is for Nintendo to pull the plug ASAP instead of letting it languish on life support like a vegetable for the next couple of years.

And then you'd lose every one of your loyal fans...

All 5 of them?

I hate to say it, but even games like MK8 and SSB aren't enough to save the Wii U from certain doom.  Nintendo really screwed the pooch in every way imaginable this gen... they were 1st out of the gate to start a new hardware generation for the first time since the NES, and they squandered it with the worst console launch since the Saturn.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
VanceIX said:
I can see 35 million sales, give or take 5 million. Anything over is really pushing it.

30m is really pushing it.... 35m is impossible 

I wouldn't be so sure. The Wii U's better days are still ahead, with Zelda U, Smash Bros U, MK8, the Skylander-esque game, X, etc. still on the horizon. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

NightDragon83 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
NightDragon83 said:
Best case scenario for Wii U is for Nintendo to pull the plug ASAP instead of letting it languish on life support like a vegetable for the next couple of years.

And then you'd lose every one of your loyal fans...

All 5 of them?

I hate to say it, but even games like MK8 and SSB aren't enough to save the Wii U from certain doom.  Nintendo really screwed the pooch in every way imaginable this gen... they were 1st out of the gate to start a new hardware generation for the first time since the NES, and they squandered it with the worst console launch since the Saturn.

Well 6+ million sales say differently. I don't if MK8 and/or SSB will be able to save the Wii U but I don't think it is only about "turning this ship around." Nintendo can't just alienate the fans they already have and those that believe in them. It's obvious they fucked up the beginning of this generation but the least they can do is end it on a strong note. If they can at least generate some momentum with some great games then they'll instill confidence in their fans that their next console they'll be much better. 

It's like a sports team that has to end the season on a strong note. They know it might not make a big difference in the present but it will at least satisify fans and get them excited for the next year.

With a lot of luck it can reach even the Wii. Point is, that luck doesn't existe in this case. It's Nintendo the one that should do the right moves. Releasing big games many months apart one from other and delaying, alongside other bad actions that has been disscussed to death and I'm not going to point , are going to not let sell enough Wii Us.

Today I can say it won't even reach 20m. Tomorrow, who knows? Let's see Nintendo's actions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:

It's sales so far are not a good indicator of how it will sell in the future; once it enters an affordable price range and gets Kart + Smash its sales will pick up considerably from its pace so far.

LOL. There is nothing to suggest that will happen. After that the sales will pick up YoY porportionally like every other system in the world... ever... up YoY of utter crap sales is still crap sales. Ps3 was a mere 22% up in 2008 from 2007.  In 2008 Ps3 had 3 more months of sales in the entire European region. It had a exclusive game in MGS4. It sold at $400 for the entire year instead of the last two months and dropped the higher priced 80gig to $400. It had GTA4 and LBP.

The Wii U will definitly have YoY increase... but the forcast sounds about right. And since their first two months are just as bad as last years that means their next 10 needs to pick up that slack. Not only that but production and retailers will be the limiting factor if there is a up surge in intrests for the system

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

I wouldn't be so sure. The Wii U's better days are still ahead, with Zelda U, Smash Bros U, MK8, the Skylander-esque game, X, etc. still on the horizon. 

better of pure shit is still just better shit.  Just look at Nintendo's forcast in sales. less than 4m and that is pretty sad. But it's better than lasts years which were just plain pathetic,.

VanceIX said:

better of pure shit is still just better shit.  Just look at Nintendo's forcast in sales. less than 4m and that is pretty sad. But it's better than lasts years which were just plain pathetic,.

So... you consider those games to be shit? Is that what yu're saying?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

The best case scenario for Wii U? Two words: john lucas.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

30 mill. And that's with the biggest recovery for a console the industry has seen afaik

curl-6 said:

It's sales so far are not a good indicator of how it will sell in the future; once it enters an affordable price range and gets Kart + Smash its sales will pick up considerably from its pace so far.

LOL. There is nothing to suggest that will happen. 

Except, you know, common sense. People want to play Mario Kart 8. They will buy the system for it. A reduced price tag and Kart/Smash will make it more appealing to the casual and family buyers.

Measuring Wii U's lifetime sales by its performance so far is like measuring PS3's lifetime sales by its 2006-2008 performance.