By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think is the best case scenario for the Wii U?

Tagged games:

drake_tolu said:

For me Wii U will sold 40 milion.

I know that many will not agree but I do not think so.

I am sorry man, but it's not going to happen!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Unfortunately I feel that N64-like sales (32.9m) is the absolute maximum the Wii U can sell at this point, and that's if Nintendo really manages to turn things around from this point onward. Otherwise I expect below GameCube sales, possibly ~18m or so.

RavenXtra said:
Unfortunately I feel that N64-like sales (32.9m) is the absolute maximum the Wii U can sell at this point, and that's if Nintendo really manages to turn things around from this point onward. Otherwise I expect below GameCube sales, possibly ~18m or so.

I would honestly throw a damn party if the Wii U would reach N64 numbers!

AZWification said:
RavenXtra said:

Same here lol. Wii U could have been so much more, its a shame Nintendo botched things so badly this time around. At least there's hope for the next one :/

Best case is a bit of a silly thing to ask for... I mean BEST case scenario I can see the Mario Skylander figures taking off, along with them making a super cheap version of the hardware turn it into a platform for parents to buy children for the whole skylaner/disney infinite/new mario figures thing.

If Nintendo was smart they'd even promote some exclusiveness with these products.

That could actually move a lot of backend product like the gamecube did with it's pricecut to a higher degree.

Will that LIKELY happen?

No. It's a way they could go though, that might work.

Likely best case scenario... eh 20 Mil maybe?

Around the Network

Best case scenario..

Wii-U get's VR (that works and have games) 1-2 years before sony and MS.

That would/could make Wii-U go "Wii".. +80 mill is posible

Personally the best case scenario for Wii U is if it gets GC level sales. But even that may be a difficult proposition.

RavenXtra said:
AZWification said:

Same here lol. Wii U could have been so much more, its a shame Nintendo botched things so badly this time around. At least there's hope for the next one :/

The worst part is that many awesome games like Mario Kart 8 are probably going to sell much less than what they truly deserve to sell!

AZWification said:
drake_tolu said:

For me Wii U will sold 40 milion.

I know that many will not agree but I do not think so.

I am sorry man, but it's not going to happen!

is more realistic 35,000,000, or 33,000,000 like Nintendo 64, but for me most of it is too pessimistic.

Ok, Wii U have sold less of GameCube, but even X360 have sold less fist year!

XBOX 360: 9,36 milion on 31 Mar 2006

GC: 9,56 milion on 31 Mar 2002.

And GC it was not even released in Europe, if if we take the first 8 months of Europe XBOX 360 have sold only 7,78 milion.

So, if XBOX 360 have sold 80,000,000, best case for Wii U could very well be 40,000,000...

IMHO, for me Wii U will sold more of 35,000,000, and Nintendo and nintendo will be able to earn something despite not recover its initial losses.

drake_tolu said:

is more realistic 35,000,000, or 33,000,000 like Nintendo 64, but for me most of it is too pessimistic.

Ok, Wii U have sold less of GameCube, but even X360 have sold less fist year!

XBOX 360: 9,36 milion on 31 Mar 2006

GC: 9,56 milion on 31 Mar 2002.

And GC it was not even released in Europe, if if we take the first 8 months of Europe XBOX 360 have sold only 7,78 milion.

So, if XBOX 360 have sold 80,000,000, best case for Wii U could very well be 40,000,000...

IMHO, for me Wii U will sold more of 35,000,000, and Nintendo and nintendo will be able to earn something despite not recover its initial losses.

people need to stop blindly comparing things like Wii U to Ps3 and 360 to GC. 360 was coming off of a 25m unit console. 360 was ridiculously priced... until ps3's price was announced. 360 had HUGE failure rates and reliability was shaky. 360 had no Japanese market at all. All reasons why 360 had a slow start and none of them could be said for the GC. Reasons why 360 was able to pull out 80m was that MS used a lot of its money. Used it to buy games and fix RRoD. 3rd parties started jumping ship from the ps3 of it's slower than expecrted sales (yet still a lot ftronger than the Wii U). The generation was unusually long in length. Kinect gave it second wind. And also, 'murica. None of which will be said for the Wii U.