By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help me choose: Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker

That's like choosing between a pizza and a hot dog! While Wind Waker HD is a great remake of an already awesome game, I prefer Pikmin 3 because it keeps the Pikmin formula fresh and enjoyable!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Metrium said:
Wind Waker w/o a doubt. Pikmin 3 is really fun, it's a good game but it's a incomplete game. It's way to short and has a more than lackluster ending showing under the spotlight how incomplete and to short this game is.

Wind Waker on the other hand is a epic 15hours+ adventure in a open world vs a game that lasts for about 8hours tops that is made of small lvl after small lvls.

Hahaha You really don't know Pikmin 3's issues. It's not only what you mentioned. I'll list all my problems with Pikmin 3:

-No control scheme is good, playing with Wiimote is good but is horrible for flying enemies. Otherwise, using the Gamepad makes the pointer slower, and in Pikmin, that's just wasted time. 

-Rock Pikmin don't respond after they hit something. I just hate that.

-Lacks content. Less areas, same enemies from previous games... you don't really know how disappointed I am in that aspect.

-Ground textures are AWFUL.

-No caves.

-Worst Final Boss Ever.

At least its Mission Mode it's amazing, it's just too addictive. BY THE WAY, I'm actually surprised that many people prefer Pikmin 3 over Wind Waker, you know, because it's Zelda.

I though the Wii Remote/Nunchuck combo worked flawlessly.  I just kept the Gamepad sitting off to the side in case I needed the map or to automaitcally send someone somewhere.  Aside from that, I didn't really notice any of the other issues you had.  I agree it was over too soon, though.

Thanks to this deal, it got me back to VGChartz. I was going to delay the purchase of MK8 for after the summer, but now I am considering on getting it together with Game&Wario. xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

WWHD is a superior game but just because it will be on your machine and has DLC and more replay value you should go for Pikmin 3.

Switch!!!

TomaTito said:

Thanks to this deal, it got me back to VGChartz. I was going to delay the purchase of MK8 for after the summer, but now I am considering on getting it together with Game&Wario. xD

As a fan of every Wario Game except Twisted (I missed that one) I say avoid Game and Wario unless it's really cheap.  It's not nearly as good as I hoped.  It's not really good at all, in my opinion.  This is coming from a guy that has Smooth Moves as his most played Wii game, ever!

Around the Network

Pikmin 3, I played the HD Windwaker and its pretty much the same.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

d21lewis said:
TomaTito said:

As a fan of every Wario Game except Twisted (I missed that one) I say avoid Game and Wario unless it's really cheap.  It's not nearly as good as I hoped.  It's not really good at all, in my opinion.  This is coming from a guy that has Smooth Moves as his most played Wii game, ever!

Don't tell me that. From the 10 free games NoE offers, I already have 6, and from the 4 remaining G&W is the only candidate (no to Sonic or MonterHunter).

Does it suck that much?

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
d21lewis said:
TomaTito said:

Don't tell me that. From the 10 free games NoE offers, I already have 6, and from the 4 remaining G&W is the only candidate (no to Sonic or MonterHunter).

Does it suck that much?

It's different You may get some enjoyment out of it....

d21lewis said:
TomaTito said:

Does it suck that much?

It's different You may get some enjoyment out of it....

Hopefully... I've been alerted, so I will procede with caution !

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Pikmin 3

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode