By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help me choose: Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker

Metrium said:
Wind Waker w/o a doubt. Pikmin 3 is really fun, it's a good game but it's a incomplete game. It's way to short and has a more than lackluster ending showing under the spotlight how incomplete and to short this game is.

Wind Waker on the other hand is a epic 15hours+ adventure in a open world vs a game that lasts for about 8hours tops that is made of small lvl after small lvls.

Hahaha You really don't know Pikmin 3's issues. It's not only what you mentioned. I'll list all my problems with Pikmin 3:

-No control scheme is good, playing with Wiimote is good but is horrible for flying enemies. Otherwise, using the Gamepad makes the pointer slower, and in Pikmin, that's just wasted time. 

-Rock Pikmin don't respond after they hit something. I just hate that.

-Lacks content. Less areas, same enemies from previous games... you don't really know how disappointed I am in that aspect.

-Ground textures are AWFUL.

-No caves.

-Worst Final Boss Ever.

At least its Mission Mode it's amazing, it's just too addictive. BY THE WAY, I'm actually surprised that many people prefer Pikmin 3 over Wind Waker, you know, because it's Zelda.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I played wind waker way back for gamecube, I guess this is a remake. Did that game ever get a motorboat, it needed one...

Einsam_Delphin said:
Btw you should of added a poll to this thread!

i tried. but after i chose add a poll. it just didnt show up in the post

I'd say Pikmin 3 because its a newer game, Wind Waker HD should be a lower price than Pikmin

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

WWHD

Around the Network

If you haven't got Wind Waker, get WWHD
If you have and you like Pikmin, get Pikmin 3
If you have and are unsure on Pikmin, get WWHD

That's what I would say.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Pikmin 3.

darkotakusouls said:
I played wind waker way back for gamecube, I guess this is a remake. Did that game ever get a motorboat, it needed one...

Actually, i read it has a special sales that makes you sail faster... so, it kinda does now.

darkotakusouls said:

Does it count when link "motorboats" Zelda's titties?  If so, then no.  This is a family game. Pervert.

I have the same decision to make.

Since most of my Zelda games are retail versions, I will probably buy Windwaker HD also as retail version and chose Pikmin 3 for the free download game.