By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Dallinor said:
Xenostar said:

no they said from the start 6 months ago you would be able to upgrade to the full game for a discounted fee. well the discount is nothing to talk about and you dont get the full game, you get the ps+ version still which can expire.

The demo is nice, but they should not of made out it was going to be anything more than that. 

It's $10 cheaper. That's enough that I would be willing to pay for the PS+ version over a hard copy.

It's not the full game and it can expire? Can you clarify exactly what you mean by that.

you stop paying for plus you lose access to it including single player. Its still like a plus game. 

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I don't think you know what DRM means.

It stands for Digital Rights Management, for 10$ you give sony your right to own the game. DRM, end of story.

I don't think you are aware of the issue that was circulating after XB1 reveal... go read up about it then come back and talk

I don't think you are aware of the fact that you are the one who mistakenly assumed I was alluding to solely that of MS.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option.

Stopped after this first sentence.... That was EXACTLY the argument used against MS. The fact that it was REQUIRED online connection

I don't think you know what DRM means.

It stands for Digital Rights Management, for 10$ you give sony your right to own the game. DRM, end of story.

Always on was one issue, DRM was another, its just as a whole, everything about the X1 reveal was problamatic. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

darkshadow23 said:
Porcupeth said:
it's just an option
buy the full game if you don't want the limitation
save 10 bucks if you don't mind the limitation

simple. No problem.

When you put it like that it doesn't really sound like a problem, but PS+ is supposed to provide us with benefits such as free games. Giving PS+ subscribers a $10 discount for the full game should be done without the limitation.

The OP makes it look like an evil, which it isn't. It's more of a "price discrimination" which makes everybody better off in the end.

- If you don't want to pay anything => PS+ gives you free access to 1/5 of a major AAA title.

- If you want the full game, then you have two options

a) The convenience of digital at the expense of PS+ Membership, costs $50, saving you $10

b) The traditional bluray option, costing exactly as usual, at $60

So, at the end of the day, consumer loses NOTHING. Just more options. If anything, (s)he gains free access to 1/5 of the game thru PS+

This is a really unfair light shed upon the PS+ offering.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Xenostar said:
Dallinor said:

It's $10 cheaper. That's enough that I would be willing to pay for the PS+ version over a hard copy.

It's not the full game and it can expire? Can you clarify exactly what you mean by that.

you stop paying for plus you lose access to it including single player. Its still like a plus game. 

Oh I'm aware of that. I thought you meant the game could expire even if you were paying for PS+. As to it not being the full game?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
I wonder if this is another wrinkle Sony will put into PS+ since its more of a required service now.

Microsoft made it work with Killer Instinct and no one is complaining. :)

I'm complaining.

About both games or just Sony?

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Xenostar said:
Dallinor said:

Oh I'm aware of that. I thought you meant the game could expire even if you were paying for PS+. As to it not being the full game?

Well they can change the terms and conditions to PS plus whenever they want you have no guarantees of ownership over anything. which is fine when your talking £40 for 60 games, there like extremley cheap rentals, but when your talking about £43 for 1 game, it stinks a bit. 

Whilst it's not as bad as what Microsoft tried to pull, it's still fucked up.

You are basically upgrading a rental.

I hope not many people take up this offer and instead buy their own copy to keep, play or sell whenever they want for consumers sake.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

welp, we might as well just not write anything on the store page whatsoever, not even the price, or the name of the game! just some random button that people will press because they don't want to read anything

"bought a 80gb game for my 40gb ps3? FUUUUUUU Sony, i don't read store pages, you are evil"

"this game cost me 60€? but my random friend told me it was 40€, FUUUU Sony you are evil, i don't read store pages"

My opinion has swayed, I think we should really protect these people.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

About both games or just Sony?

Wow.
So now I'm anti-sony? Because I disagree with them.

Good to know.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Very stupid by Sony, but there are alternative ways to getting the game. They should still remove this because it will hurt their image.