By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Max King of the Wild said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option.

Stopped after this first sentence.... That was EXACTLY the argument used against MS. The fact that it was REQUIRED online connection

I don't think you know what DRM means.

It stands for Digital Rights Management, for 10$ you give sony your right to own the game. DRM, end of story.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:

you mean the upgrade

the plus edition is what we always knew it would be, a smaller version of the game, playable while you have PS+, just like any other PS+ free game.

the upgrade is just something they introduced recently. and it's optional.

no they said from the start 6 months ago you would be able to upgrade to the full game for a discounted fee. well the discount is nothing to talk about and you dont get the full game, you get the ps+ version still which can expire.

The demo is nice, but they should not of made out it was going to be anything more than that. 

Wow, the level of misunderstanding here is unbelievable. I'm gonna stop trying, think whatever you want.

Porcupeth said:
Wow, the level of misunderstanding here is unbelievable. I'm gonna stop trying, think whatever you want.

I fully understand what it is.

Porcupeth said:

If you truly understand then you should also realize the hyprocritical nature of it. #DoubleStandard

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180254

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Yeah that's BS. Sony needs to reverse that decision before the game comes out. I'll probably get the PS+ edition just so I can give it a go. But I doubt I'll be buying the upgrade or retail game. I haven't bought a racer aside from kart games for about 8 years.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xenostar said:

no they said from the start 6 months ago you would be able to upgrade to the full game for a discounted fee. well the discount is nothing to talk about and you dont get the full game, you get the ps+ version still which can expire.

The demo is nice, but they should not of made out it was going to be anything more than that. 

It's $10 cheaper. That's enough that I would be willing to pay for the PS+ version over a hard copy.

It's not the full game and it can expire? Can you clarify exactly what you mean by that.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I don't think you know what DRM means.

It stands for Digital Rights Management, for 10$ you give sony your right to own the game. DRM, end of story.

I don't think you are aware of the issue that was circulating after XB1 reveal... go read up about it then come back and talk

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
I wonder if this is another wrinkle Sony will put into PS+ since its more of a required service now.

Microsoft made it work with Killer Instinct and no one is complaining. :)

Gold is required to play KI? My brother played it fine with no Gold.

IsawYoshi said:
DerNebel said:
IsawYoshi said:

I would say it is anti-consumer. Many of the PS+subscribers, most probably, has no clue about this and will think "hey, a cheaper version of the game." It's trickery, and I'm not fond of it.

And for many of those PS+ subscribers it will nothing but that, they will play the game a couple weeks, then stop and never notice that they can't play it anymore when their PS+ runs out. Also I'm sure this piece of information will be on the PS store page of the PS+ upgrade, so people can just read up on it without extensive research before making the purchases

Most people pick their games up again from time to time. 

And you put too much faith in the consumers. They don't read.

I'm aware people don't read T&C, but Spending $50 without even reading the first line of the information on the right hand side, that's in plain view, is just negligent.