By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DerNebel said:

Millions seems too high. You can buy the full game digitally for $60, completely ignoring the PS Plus deal. And there might very well be a disclaimer when upgrading the PS Plus that tells you that the upgraded version will be tied to PS Plus.

Honestly the number of people doing this unknowingly and then actually being negatively affected by this, because their subscription runs out while they're still playing is probably going to be ridiculously small.

But does that make it ok? You could apply the same logic to justify the Pre-180 XB1 that the whole internet was up in arms over.

With the X1 plans millions of people would have been affected by it. The fans of Xbox exclusive franchises would have either needed to put up with MS DRM or not play the franchises they love anymore. No reselling or buying used (which are both things many people do) or no Halo, that was the choice they were given.

In this case it's have the game tied to your PS Plus account or just buy it for regular price to fully own it. I really can't get up in arms about this, especially since I just don't see this plan being very successful anyway.

Also I feel that it's peoples job to inform themselves about the purchases they make, I'm sure Sony won't hide this, illustrated by the fact that is out in the open already, so if people fail to catch up on this piece of information which will probably be listed on the PS store page of the PS Plus upgrade, then I think that that's nobody fault but their own.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
It's a stupid idea, so don't take them up on the offer. Buy the full game through retail or digital. Vote with your wallets people. Sony will hear the message loud and clear and we can avoid this kind of crap in the future.

You know this move will actualy give Sony more money than upgradnig it since the game is more expensive whithout the PS+ deal and 99% of the ppl who will own the full version of Driveclub already have PS+ and will keep having it, so how is not paying for the cheeper upgrade option voting with our wallets ?

LOL...so anti-consumer...like Killer Instinct? Same shit. Its free to play for PSN Plus users with upgrades. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony saw Microsofts subscription model for KI and used it and especially with all these F2P games around its not hard to gain inspiration to make such decisions.

DakonBlackblade said:

And why in the world would anyone stop playing for PS+ and still want to keep a game thats basically designed to be played online ? pppl rant too much about how PS+ is just letting you rent games and all this crap. So what ? It ofers super great deals, youre saving 10 bucks and the whole cant play the game if you dont have PS+ is a non issue cause you arent going to not have PS+.

Blantantly wrong.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I checked before I even decided how to react to it. The game has single player.

http://gamingbolt.com/driveclub-interview-ps4-advantages-dedicated-servers-customisation-club-progress-and-more

Is there some  fixed structure for the single player?

Yes there is, we have a championship mode that you can playthrough. It also has a good deal of gameplay so if you choose to play offline you won’t be disappointed.

Ergo the PS+ version's Single player requires PS+ even if its offline. PS+ free games like resogun can be played offline but the expire with PS as well.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DakonBlackblade said:
Fusioncode said:
It's a stupid idea, so don't take them up on the offer. Buy the full game through retail or digital. Vote with your wallets people. Sony will hear the message loud and clear and we can avoid this kind of crap in the future.

You know this move will actualy give Sony ore money than upgradnig it since the game is more expensive whithout the PS+ deal and 99% of the ppl who will own the full version of Driveclub already have PS+ and will keep having it, so how is not paying for the cheeper upgrade option voting with our wallets ?

Because if Sony sees more people buying the game through normal means rather than the PS+ way then they'll know this option doesn't work.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I wonder if this is another wrinkle Sony will put into PS+ since its more of a required service now.

lol
so the problem is paying 60 bucks for a game huh?

I guess we're only gonna buy indies from now on, right?

IsawYoshi said:
DerNebel said:

Don't buy the game that way, simple as that, there is literally nothing standing in your way of getting the game without this whole PS Plus deal.

If this upgrade thing isn't successful for Sony then they won't try it again.

Also giving people an option is not anti-consumer.

I would say it is anti-consumer. Many of the PS+subscribers, most probably, has no clue about this and will think "hey, a cheaper version of the game." It's trickery, and I'm not fond of it.

And for many of those PS+ subscribers it will nothing but that, they will play the game a couple weeks, then stop and never notice that they can't play it anymore when their PS+ runs out. Also I'm sure this piece of information will be on the PS store page of the PS+ upgrade, so people can just read up on it without extensive research before making the purchases

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
DakonBlackblade said:

And why in the world would anyone stop playing for PS+ and still want to keep a game thats basically designed to be played online ? pppl rant too much about how PS+ is just letting you rent games and all this crap. So what ? It ofers super great deals, youre saving 10 bucks and the whole cant play the game if you dont have PS+ is a non issue cause you arent going to not have PS+.

Blantantly wrong.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I checked before I even decided how to react to it. The game has single player.

http://gamingbolt.com/driveclub-interview-ps4-advantages-dedicated-servers-customisation-club-progress-and-more

Is there some  fixed structure for the single player?

Yes there is, we have a championship mode that you can playthrough. It also has a good deal of gameplay so if you choose to play offline you won’t be disappointed.

Ergo the PS+ version's Single player requires PS+ even if its offline. PS+ free games like resogun can be played offline but the expire with PS as well.

Call of Duty has singleplayer, one could say that if you choose to play it ofline you wouldnt be disapointed, doesnt change the fact the game was designed to be played online.

Driveclub was promotting itself as a racing game to be played online, of course itll have singleplayer, we all knwo how ppl react when games that are obviously designed around online decide to go full online like they shoud (Titanfall for instance) they throw a fit saying theyre paying for less content and are getting screwed and cheated and pretty much all this same bull were hearing here about the PS+ upgrade option (emphasis on the option).

Dont know anyone thats not dissapointed by this, bad move, they should be honest with plans like this from the very begining, not make it sound like it will be great, when its worthless. Everyone will get retail now.