By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Porcupeth said:
soulfly666 said:
I will not be playing the free version of buying this game unless this is a mistake and clarified. I was looking forward to it.

play the free version or buy the game. there is no DRM.

edit: OP, the game is NOT locked behind a paywall. You are trolling and I can't believe the thread is still going.

So every game you have paid money for to own at a ps+ discount, you would be alright having taken away if you cancelled your plus subscription, because that is the precedent they are setting with this...

Around the Network

guys i have an idea, if you dont like it but still like the game, just get it throught regular price ;0

OT: its just a bad offer, there is no anti-consumer bs here. they are probably testing this and if it does well we might see more in the future. If you dont like, vote with your wallet and either buy it at full price or dont buy it at all.

The upgrade of the PS+ DriveClub version is a DLC-pack. It's not that unusual that you can't play the bought/activated DLCs anymore when you lose access to the main game (for example if you sold the disc with the main game). The only differences are that the main game has an expiry date and the unusual proportion between main game and DLC... usually there is way more content in the main game than in the DLC(s).

That said, Sony shouldn't go this path... the "upgrade option" is too similar to their test versions of full games with an unlock option. Or at least they have to make it absolutely clear to any buyer, that the access to the game and the DLC ends when the PS+ subscription expires. When someone tries to buy the additional content, a straightforward requester should pop up: "Do you want to buy the full version for $ x (no expiry date) or the DLC-upgrade (expires with PS+ subscription)?"

@porcupeth --- the free version on ps plus is not complete. However you can upgrade the free version digitally and you will get a 10 dollars discount. However theres a catch to it. In order to enjoy your full digital vrsion of the game,, you have to keep your psn account alive . If you don't you can't play your game until you renew it. Thats the DRM part,, as once you bought it,, the game should be yours to own even if you choose to not have your psn account renewed.

Meh, at least it's still free.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
once you bought it,, the game should be yours to own even if you choose to not have your psn account renewed.

And it is. If you pay 60 bucks for it, just like any other game.

Again, problem non-existant.

Everyone should read the actual article and understand the dilemma on here before commenting. Clearly, some of you are not understanding it or are not bothering to look at what the problem is. Go check the Driveclub PSN blog articles if you need to.

radiantshadow92 said:

guys i have an idea, if you dont like it but still like the game, just get it throught regular price ;0

OT: its just a bad offer, there is no anti-consumer bs here. they are probably testing this and if it does well we might see more in the future. If you dont like, vote with your wallet and either buy it at full price or dont buy it at all.

logic doesn't work in here

There is no dilemma/problem.

NobleTeam360 said:
Meh, at least it's still free or you can still buy the disc based game and sell it when you done .

fixed