By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Porcupeth said:
There is no dilemma/problem.

So every game you have paid money for to own at a ps+ discount, you would be alright having taken away if you cancelled your plus subscription, because that is the precedent they are setting with this...

Around the Network

Question, so... lets say Sony gets rid of this option. What does that "fix" or "change" besides screwing people over who have ps+, want to go digital and find value is this deal?

@porcupeth not if you purchase it digitally. That only works with the physical copy. The whole argument is restricting peoples choice. Not everyone buys physcial copies. There are some who go all digital right? The digital way of purchasing the game is indeed DRM. Whether you buy the physical copy or the digital copy ,, the game should be yours to own without a catch per say.

@MAX kING -- If they get rid of the option then the Gamer who purchases teh game digitally,, would get to keep his or her game even if their psn plus account is not renewed.

dane007 said:
@MAX kING -- If they get rid of the option then the Gamer who purchases teh game digitally,, would get to keep his or her game even if their psn plus account is not renewed.

Which... doesn't change with keeping this option availble

Around the Network
dane007 said:
@porcupeth not if you purchase it digitally. That only works with the physical copy. The whole argument is restricting peoples choice. Not everyone buys physcial copies. There are some who go all digital right? The digital way of purchasing the game is indeed DRM. Whether you buy the physical copy or the digital copy ,, the game should be yours to own without a catch per say.

No. You can buy digital copy and keep it without PS+.

See, this is the kind of misinformation that's goung around... But here is the truth:

- you buy the digital game, 60 bucks, and keep it "forever"

- you can buy the physical copy, 60 bucks, and keep it "forever"

- you can pay 50 bucks and have a Ps+ tied digital copy of the game

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
I wonder if this is another wrinkle Sony will put into PS+ since its more of a required service now.

Microsoft made it work with Killer Instinct and no one is complaining. :)

Gold is required to play KI? My brother played it fine with no Gold.

The F2P part is conditional only to single player. Multiplayer isnt free. Its a much fairer trade because with with all of the stuff PSN+ already gives you, the PSN Plus version of the game offers 10 cars, 11 tracks while having access to all of the games modes. Everything else must be purchased for $49.99. 

With Killer Instinct, you get one character (which is subject to change at the developers leisure) and access to all modes and versus access to only one stage until you buy or earn more stages, which are still less than what Sony is already giving you. I wasnt about to pay MS $40 for all of the content when I know I am enough of a fighting fan to take on the challenges when I have the free time to unlock everything myself. 

In conclusion, you have 50+ cars and 50+ tracks so...really its not really much to bitch about. If they give us shitty cars....then its time to bitch, but we know nothing yet. 50+ cars is too small of a collection to give people 1/5 of your crappiest.

It will probably take Microsoft three seasons of Killer Instinct to even reach twenty-four characters with twenty four levels. 

Theres absolutely no reason for anyone to be alarmed when we know this model has been coming. At least PSN+ gives you ten cars for the subscription price and ten dollars off of the actual price had you not had plus in the first place. 

The amount of justification here is absurd, remove your biases, predilections, and preferences at the door.
If this was Microsoft, the outrage would be widespread. People are still angry about Titan Fall's "exclusivity".

The "option" is BS, remove the upgrade, their is zero problem then.
I am unconcerned with the scale, scenarios, options, no none of that.
The possibility exists, that's the problem, it shouldn't and the fact that it does means you are allowing them to get away with it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

@MAXking -- Not everyone buys physical copies right? There are group who go full digital. The option for digital forces them to go physical for this game or get stuck with the limitation. Both option whether physical or digital whould have no limitations. Why upgrade the free version digitally to then not be able to fully own the game if you choose to not renew your psn plus account?

dane007 said:
@MAXking -- Not everyone buys physical copies right? There are group who go full digital. The option for digital forces them to go physical for this game or get stuck with the limitation. Both option whether physical or digital whould have no limitations. Why upgrade the free version digitally to then not be able to fully own the game if you choose to not renew your psn plus account?

I already told you, you can buy digital without the limitation! FFS. the upgrade is 100% optional and not forced on any single person in the whole goddamn world