By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was your biggest issue with the Nintendo Wii?

Obviously you weren't playing the right FPSes, my friend.

My biggest issue was the online store. No sales ever, no ads of the games there, very few demos, drip feed of VC titles, loads and loads of shovelware, the size of the games listed in "blocks" instead of a measurement parameter we use universally like kilobytes/megabytes, and not least of all, only being able to purchase Wii shop points in multiples of $5. Figuring out how to spend my points without leaving wasted money just sitting there was a huge turn off for me, and finding efficient ways to buy games became a game in and of itself. The eShop on Wii U and 3DS are humongous steps up, not counting the Virtual Console.

I also hated how the Wii originally didn't support SD cards, so you were limit to the tiny 512MB of memory, How hard would it have been to add HDD support in a firmware update? It was also annoying as hell not being able to boot games straight from an SD card; they had to be moved to the console's memory first. Nintendo could have easily shipped Wii's with more flash memory after a couple of years. Heck, two gigs would have gone a long way and cost practically nothing.

Around the Network

I hated the fact that everytime I wanted to play online, I got matched with some person that had dial up internet or used Macdonald's wifi... Like wtf, I could bearly got an awesome match going unless it was with friends. Also the amount of shovelware... The wii really was only successful cause of the motion controls + Nintendo games...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You already said it for me. If I had to add something, Nintendo forgot of us, fans that supported them in the N64 and GC era (in my case).

I got sick of motion controls too, but what I got really sick of is I had all these great games, and no one wanted to play them. They just wanted to play Wii sports games.

at the end of the day the whole system kind of felt half ass. the lack of HD, terrible online everything, library with too much shovelware. HW was barely better than GC. hell the motion itself which was supposed to be the selling point, felt half assed after a while as well.

Around the Network

First 3-4 years of the Wii was great we got many awesome games from nintendo - then the magic teetered quickly afterwards

you look like a faggot when playing it.

thats why i did not buy one seriously I knew motion controls were just some fad.

Edit: Moderated by Starcraft

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
mii-gamer said:
First 3-4 years of the Wii was great we got many awesome games from nintendo - then the magic teetered quickly afterwards

This!

When it comes to motion control, I didn't mind for simple things like tricking in MK Wii or spin attack in Galaxy. Other games they forced it way too much. I hated playing Madden on it because every action had some sort of stupid motion to it. 

Gaming since 1990

Same. Hated the motion controls. Also a close second was the fact that in an HD era it was an underpowered piece of crap.

Surprised to see people hated the motion controls so much...they might have been wonky at times, but the Wii was a unique-ish experience last gen.

What sucked about the Wii was the lack of games in it's last few years.