By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was your biggest issue with the Nintendo Wii?

I could've lived with the motion controls if the system wasn't so underpowered. The games just didn't look like 7th gen games.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Too many games to play

Graphics. Just horrible. Far too underpowered for a 7th gen console

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

No-one but me bought third-party games for it (great ones existed, believe it or not, and I owned at least 30 disc-based titles out of a total of 65).

Rising Star Games started being bitches about supporting it. Probably for the reason stated above.

spurgeonryan said:
All manner of stuff was written in the OP

I read your rant, I am generally curious as to what the hell you did wrong.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Serious_frusting said:
Graphics. Just horrible. Far too underpowered for a 7th gen console

I got some powerful graphics for ya.

*unzips pants*

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

I really enjoyed motion controls when they were done correctly, but they were certainly annoying when they were tacked on for no reason. I thought they really improved a lot of games- definitely fps, some sports, godfather was awesome, etc.

The only real complaint I would have for the system, is that it didn't have many good games in it's last couple of years.

mii-gamer said:
First 3-4 years of the Wii was great we got many awesome games from nintendo - then the magic teetered quickly afterwards

Some pretty interesting games on Wii came out in 2011 and 2012. Skyward Sword. Rhythm Heaven Fever. Return to Dreamland. Xenoblade. Last Story. Pandora's Tower. Rayman Origins.
...Skylanders and Just Dance 3 I guess...
Admittedly that's not much.

I'd say my biggest issue was the poor handling of the online store and the fact that it didn't spawn many new IPs outside of Wii branded things. Endless Ocean was okay. Day of Crisis wasn't worth it.
I don't hate waggling the controller in bad motion games any more than I hate the button mashing I can do in a whole load of games on other systems. It's alright by me. And I appreciated where it was done well, and I like playing FPSs with the IR pointer for the most part.

My biggest problem with the Wii was that it stopped consistently releasing good games (first, second, or third party) after Super Smash Bros Brawl in early 2008.

spurgeonryan said:

Anyways, You skimmed my rant, now what was your biggest issue?

The biggest issue is I found the games very underwhelming.  It ended up being a dust collector.  I don't want to be hurting any feelings, but it's just probably my least favorite console from Nintendo so far.  Nintendo was chasing a new customer instead of the core gamer.

My 8th gen collection

Not enough support in 2011-2012.

Other than that, it's amazing console; innovative and fun controls, and a ton of superb exclusives.

After being burned out in the 6th gen, the Wii brought me back into gaming.