By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Do you Expect From the Next Pokemon Generation?

new eve evolutions,new form for old incomplete pokemons and new ice creams and flying swords.

Around the Network

realtime battle

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Gen 5 was an "optimized" Gen 4, and Gen 2, to a lesser extent, was an "optimized" Gen 1, I want Gen 7 to be an "optimized" Gen 6,

I want the game to look a lot better,

I want the loading times (especially the lag when going into a battle) to be eliminated,

I want more new mechanics,

I want REAL post game content,

I want a more serious storyline (Gen 6 dissappointed in that regard, Gen 5 did it best),

I want REAL rivals (like Green, Silver and N, not the "childhood friend/s" bullshit that got old in Gen 4, I want a rival/s that makes you feel that they are a geniuine challenge/hate your guts, unlike May, Barry, and the other guys that made you feel like you're having a play date rather than a Pokemon fight),

I want Shinies to actually be rare like the good ol' Gen 1/2/3 days, before chaining and the shiny charm and other bullshit came into the scene,

I want Shiny restriction to go to freaking die off,

I want transferring Pokemon from Gen 6 to be fucking free and include the item that it was holding (is this really too much to ask for? seriously, transferring Pokemon from 1 Gen to another gets worse and worse as time goes on, Gen 1 to Gen 2 let you "trade" your Pokemon and back (with an item too), Gen 2 didn't have transfers to Gen 3 so ignore this one, Gen 3 to Gen 4 let you transfer your Pokemon with an item one-way only, Gen 4 to 5 let you transfer your Pokemon one-way only and without items, and Gen 5 to 6 requires a paid subscribtion that a lot of people won't even need),

I want Ruby/Sapphire remakes, it's been long overdue.

These are all things that can happen, some of them more than others though.

If I wanted to state some things that have a 1% chance of happening, I'd start my list with the "third version" of the Gen 7 duo to be cross-platform between WiiU and 3DS, but again, that's not gonna happen :/

Disappointment like XY because Gamefreak are still making the damn thing.

Around the Network

Pokemon Wii U and Pokemon 3DS.

MohammadBadir said:

I want REAL rivals (like Green, Silver and N, not the "childhood friend/s" bullshit that got old in Gen 4, I want a rival/s that makes you feel that they are a geniuine challenge/hate your guts, unlike May, Barry, and the other guys that made you feel like you're having a play date rather than a Pokemon fight),

I agree! Silver is easily the best Pokemon rival so far! He kept acting like an asshole 90% of the time and his battle theme was simply awesome!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
Third person perspective with a sprawling open world

Isn't it already from a 3rd person perspective?

As for the open world... I would like that eventually, but not for G7. GameFreak can still do a lot with the current engine used for X/Y, and said engine doens't seem well fitted for open worlds.

What I'd like, now that I think about it, is more complex routes. Remember the bicycle path in Ruby/Sapphire over the regular route? Imagine if these multi-layered routes became the norm! You could have more populated roads full of trainer battles and less settled wild routes with tall grass and more wild Pokemon. This would make it easy to travel from town to town and THEN explore the surrounding area.

Love and tolerate.

AZWification said:
MohammadBadir said:

I agree! Silver is easily the best Pokemon rival so far! He kept acting like an asshole 90% of the time and his battle theme was simply awesome!

I'd lean more toward Green.

They really did an awesome job with his FRLG theme.

Nothing, that way I wont be disappointed!

Alright fine, I expect a dolphin-like pocket monster like I do before every gen. :L