By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No E3 Conference for Nintendo this year - Mistake or not?

Should there be a Nintendo E3 conference?

Yes, absolutely, crazy for not bothering! 354 50.79%

No, they don't need one and the ND suffices 162 23.24%

I'll wait to see how it all goes 178 25.54%

Total:694
leedlelee said:
Is there such a thing as a video game forum that isn't a parody of the culture???

The subreddits (As much as I hate reddit) can be full of insightful and intelligent lot people. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Nintendo direct aside, not having the flashy presentation live is a message that they are beneath MS and Sony.

NO, try harder.

Why is everyone assuming that the reason the Wii U isn't doing well is because they didn't go to e3? There's no proof of that. Like last year, they are making an appearance so they ARE going to have coverage there.

I would like someone to prove to me that e3 is why the Wii U is doing poorly. No BS "correlation" arguments, because anyone with at least a semi-decent education should know that correlation doesn't imply causation.

Why do a E3 conference when all you have coming out is Mario Kart before E3 and Smash Bros after E3?

Their only chance at success is to distract the Nintendo faithfuls with the Smash Bros blitz in the hopes that the Nintendo faithful true to their core don't even notice that the only game they getting is an update on some prior successful game and not much else.

cusman said:

Why do a E3 conference when all you have coming out is Mario Kart before E3 and Smash Bros after E3?

Their only chance at success is to distract the Nintendo faithfuls with the Smash Bros blitz in the hopes that the Nintendo faithful true to their core don't even notice that the only game they getting is an update on some prior successful game and not much else.

Yes, because Smash is totally the only game coming out after E3!

Also your logic fails anyways because they had a Nintendo Direct for E3 last year despite having much more to show than just Smash Bros.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

And why do you market your products? Yes. To hype it.

My third paragraph just proves how to market a product and generate enough hype to sell it, even if the content is not as good. A marketing that cannot be as efective as it was with a simply ND.

And by a strange casuality, 3DS got a big bump in Japan after the live conference on Oct 2011. Also, by 3DLand and MK7 announced at E3 and that looks like a lot of people knew about it. And even more strange how the userbase was not a problem for 3DLand on 3DS as it move hardware while 3DWorld was limited by userbase.

But that hype exists with or without E3. Your entire point is that E3 is important which you constantly undermine because you have this idea in your head that E3 must be the most important thing when it comes to video games.

No logical coherence in your second paragraph, so for the sake of my own sanity, I'll just skip to the last part.

October 2011 could have just as well been a simple press release and it would have had the same effect. The important thing was not the "how", but the "what"; and the "what" was Monster Hunter exclusivity. The Mario comment is rambling that doesn't have anything to do with E3 anymore.

We are done here. Smeags doesn't want to ban you, so congrats.

"What" is important? Not "how"? Smeags has prove this as false as the succes of Wii U. How is important. You have in a Nintendo Direct the next 3D Mario adventure in HD, yet you saw rage an dissapointment in some. How is as important as what. You can have the best game ever in your hands but you need to promote it as the best game ever, not just showing.

Wii U was confused as a Wii controller, despite all the useless marketing efforts to promote otherwise. If what was only important then just put on the shelves the console and it will sell without marketing.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Zero999 said:
sales2099 said:
Nintendo direct aside, not having the flashy presentation live is a message that they are beneath MS and Sony.

NO, try harder.

Can't stop people from thinking that. Not playing by the rules of the competition is sending that message on some level.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

cusman said:

Insider knowledge of what Nintendo is going to show?  Tell us more.  Do you work at Nintendo or does your Uncle?

I think this is something they could have gotten away with pulling while they were on top, but now that they are struggling to reach Dreamcast levels with their home console they need to try much harder. Much harder.

I feel bad now that I predicted that Nintendo would become irrelevant after I took a look at Wii. I knew the novelty would wear off and people would move away from Nintendo. Not to mention Mario, Zelda, and Metriod are all Nintendo fans ever talk about and look forward to. I think they're taking this time to make a pit stop and regroup but at the pace PS4 is moving and how XBOX ONE is gaining steam I'm thinking we're looking at GameCube 2.