By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No E3 Conference for Nintendo this year - Mistake or not?

Should there be a Nintendo E3 conference?

Yes, absolutely, crazy for not bothering! 354 50.79%

No, they don't need one and the ND suffices 162 23.24%

I'll wait to see how it all goes 178 25.54%

Total:694

All this is doing is preventing people who are not traditionally interested in Nintendo stuff the chance to see what they have on offer. Every E3 i would watch Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft and that would always give me a good idea of what they are doing for the next half a year at least.

Nintendo doing this is only going to make it more troublesome for me to know what they are up to so I will just continue to see them as irrelevant. How are Nintendo supposed to let me know what they are doing if they are just going to do these ninty directs at random times of the year?

People aint really going to actively seek out nintendo directs if they already dont have an interest in them. E3 is the show where everyone watches the big three.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Nintendo knows that this is the one chance to turn around WiiU.. and they are prepared.. (and wait until after E3 to judge if "digital event" are bad or better.. you know nothing yet)

I think E3 is ganna be epic.. and we will see new games and other mind blowing stuf

(And to the +7 persons who always spamming Nintendo treads.. and even make 1-5 Anti nintendo treads a day.. love is out there for you to)

as a stock holder.... I don't really mind...

im a liar.... figure which one

So have they said how many and at which Best Buy locations yet? I'll be perfectly fine if it's exactly the same as last year!

MDMAlliance said:
Why is everyone assuming that the reason the Wii U isn't doing well is because they didn't go to e3? There's no proof of that. Like last year, they are making an appearance so they ARE going to have coverage there.

I would like someone to prove to me that e3 is why the Wii U is doing poorly. No BS "correlation" arguments, because anyone with at least a semi-decent education should know that correlation doesn't imply causation.

Well, its not the reason but its one of the reasons (at least in 2013)... Last year, when they did that Nintendo Direct nonsense, the stream was laggy with constent skips and I had to reload the page a few times to get it even working and it was an overall bad experience... Everytime I got excited with an announcement, I got downed by all the pauses and skips, it was annoying and dumb. Granted you could watch it again on Youtube right after but there is a saying that the first impression is the most important. So there is that issue and the fanboy issues where people see it as a sign of weakness from Nintendo and etc

But, it seems that in 2014, Nintendo will be holding a live smash tournament at the Nokia Threater with thousands of people in the audience! So maybe this wont be as bad as I thought although that news came way after I made my comments

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I'm happy with the Direct as long as it's good, but then again i'm not going.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

But the 3DS recovered from its bad start and they showed off a lot of new software that people were excited about. And I hope that you don't forget that the Wii U's launch was pretty good. It just did poorly a few months after.

Yes, Nintendo showed off 3DS software and most of that happened during Directs, not E3. That doesn't mean I am saying that Directs are super-duper-wonderful though. What matters is to have a product that people want.

Please don't tell me that you think the Wii U is doing poorly because there isn't an E3 every month of the year.

I have to get out of here for good...

Of course not. E3 press conference just have the most eyes on them. Directs show good things but the live viewers barely were over 150k. Sony's E3 had over 15 million people watching it on twitch's stream alone. I just think they'd be able to get more people to look at the upcoming Wii U/3DS stuff if they did the conference.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BIIIIG MISTAKE.

double post, check 3rd page.

Also, if there is where the money is going, I'll all for it.