By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No E3 Conference for Nintendo this year - Mistake or not?

Should there be a Nintendo E3 conference?

Yes, absolutely, crazy for not bothering! 354 50.79%

No, they don't need one and the ND suffices 162 23.24%

I'll wait to see how it all goes 178 25.54%

Total:694

Standard Live Press Conference:

- Gamers at E3 watch it live.

- Gamers not at E3 watch the stream.

- Press watches live/stream and writes about it.

Nintendo's Digital Event:

Gamers at/not at E3 watch the stream.

- Press watches stream and writes about it.

Totally worth flipping out about!!!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:

I will say this thread has been very entertaining. I kind of love this site for what it is now, a parody of video game culture. 

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

Do you believe? Then I can't understand why TP peacing outsold SS with zero userbase. It has been proved, hell, even Iwata said that TP was the most hyped game of all time way before release. Do you believe that doesn't affect at sales?

How many times we have been proved that hype alone can sell a game? Hoy many went to buy Zelda at launch? Assassin's Creed? Call of Duty, GTA, Uncharted? Even TLOU without knowing about it sold good.

Importance of E3? Let see. Years ago Nintendo have their worst E3 conference in 2008. Most of you killed Cammie Dunaway because her fake smile. Yet, that year the Wii sold above 20m. Wow. And let's not forget next year.

Now the use the new format. Nintendo Direct. 3DS can't meet a modest forecast even with their impressive library.

TP is a better Zelda game than SS. Additionally, its artstyle met the expectations of the audience while SS did not.

Hype alone doesn't sell games. You can't seriously ignore the massive marketing campaigns that accompany the games you mentioned. By any reasonable account, the amount of commercials plays a bigger role than hype.

Your third paragraph undermines your own argument. You said it yourself, the worst E3 conference in years didn't hurt the Wii. So if disappointed E3 followers don't have an influence on sales, what reason is there to believe that hyped E3 followers have an impact?

The 3DS, just like the Wii U, managed to fail meeting its forecasts while Nintendo still held E3 conferences. So once again, your line of thinking doesn't work.

And why do you market your products? Yes. To hype it.

My third paragraph just proves how to market a product and generate enough hype to sell it, even if the content is not as good. A marketing that cannot be as efective as it was with a simply ND.

And by a strange casuality, 3DS got a big bump in Japan after the live conference on Oct 2011. Also, by 3DLand and MK7 announced at E3 and that looks like a lot of people knew about it. And even more strange how the userbase was not a problem for 3DLand on 3DS as it move hardware while 3DWorld was limited by userbase.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

_crazy_man_ said:

I will slap the logic out of you if I must!

TM25 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

-Too much logic posted here-

I will slap the logic out of you if I must!

I will doubleslap to regain my logic.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:

I will say this thread has been very entertaining. I kind of love this site for what it is now, a parody of video game culture. 

Man, it was always a parody of video game culture. It's just that at some point you were so deeply involved that you lacked the perspective from the outside.

I thought back in the day we had very intelligent users who offered insightful posts, given they were sometimes too long. Maybe you are right rol, it may always been a parody of video game culture, all I had to do is get out and hang with "normal" gamers to notice that. I think it took me awhile to get to this stage.

@TM25

Hey I use that as my skype avatar.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:
RolStoppable said:

Your third paragraph undermines your own argument. You said it yourself, the worst E3 conference in years didn't hurt the Wii. So if disappointed E3 followers don't have an influence on sales, what reason is there to believe that hyped E3 followers have an impact?

The 3DS, just like the Wii U, managed to fail meeting its forecasts while Nintendo still held E3 conferences. So once again, your line of thinking doesn't work.

It's clear that the E3 followers do have a lot of purchasing power, just look at this generation's sales so far. Nintendo didn't do E3 last year and the Wii U has done terribly. I don't think having a presentation can hurt.

Not you too. Nintendo did a conference in 2012 and the Wii U did terribly. E3 has really nothing to do with it.

But the 3DS recovered from its bad start and they showed off a lot of new software that people were excited about. And I hope that you don't forget that the Wii U's launch was pretty good. It just did poorly a few months after.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Is there such a thing as a video game forum that isn't a parody of the culture???

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
What portion of video game consumers pay attention to E3???
It's not my intention to be facetious...
I know how important E3 is to gamers who go on forums...
Are we sure we aren't overestimating the importance of E3 to the mainstream consumer???

A much larger portion than pay attention to Nintendo's streaming videos. 

The people who watch Nintendo's live feeds are the people who are going to get all of Nintendo's main games, regardless.

The only way they cant lose e3 is to not to have a conference at all lol.