By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

bananaking21 said:
VitroBahllee said:

NPD is monthly sales. I'm talking about weekly. Hence me saying 'weekly' sales. No need for the snark. It shouldn't be offensive that I am pointing out that several times in the last six months, the Xbox One has outsold PS4 in the Weekly NA Sales.

source? 

and PS4 cant win monthly sales without actually outselling Xb1 during the weeks in that month, you know. sure, PS4 can outsell XB1 in one week and XB1 can win in the three other weeks of the month, but logically speaking, that didnt happen. sales dont just spike and drop for no reason, they stay steady based on the momentum it has and increases with price drops, software and so on. but when a console wins 3 months in a row, speaking logically, its outselling the other console on a weekly basis. The only week that XB1 probably outsold PS4 is titanfall week. 

lol, who said anything about any offense but you? your just spreading false information, i am just correcting you. 

Math. If Xbox One outsells the PS4 in weeks one and two by ten thousand, but PS4 outsells Xbox One in weeks three and four by eleven thousand each week, PS4 has one the month even if Xbox One outsold it two of the four weeks.

If you don't trust the numbers of VGChartz to the point you won't accept arguments based on those numbers in the VGChartz forum, then maybe you should take that up with the people running the site. I am using those numbers and discussing them on the forums, and if you don't trust them, this isn't a good place for you to discuss numbers, I guess.

Around the Network

I agree and I think everyone needs to first ask the question, who "won" the last generation? And then ask, when was that determined? And finally, did it even matter?

Might not be doing terrible in the US, but it certainly is outside of it.

Blood_Tears said:
NPD has PS4 over X1 4 months to 1 thus far but X1 frequently sells more in NA, interesting logic.

I said weekly basis. NPD is by month. I will not continue explaining this distinction. A number of apparent defenders of Sony seem to be very adamant not to recognize this clear fact. I am offended by the curt and disputatious nature of these spurious arguments.

bananaking21 said:
Barozi said:
Pretty much. X1 doesn't have to dominate to be a success. I'm sure Microsoft would be happy if they sell 50m consoles this generation.

no they wouldnt, this is microsoft we are takling about, microsoft. say what you want about them but they are comptitive and they want to "win". they even said it them selfs. These mega cooperation certainly dont get pleased with "settling". They are in it to win, they always been and always will be. if they lose that competitive edge they will crash and burn. 

This also applies for Sony and Nintendo. 

Samsung sells more smartphones than Apple. I bet Apple is crying right now that they only have the iPhone in that market.

"want" is the key word. Everyone wants to be the best, that obviously can't happen everywhere and before launch you wouldn't say that you would be happy with any result other than being number 1.

Around the Network

The rumors of DOOM have been greatly exaggerated! With xone releasing in China I think there may be a significant gain in their world wide install base and market share that could greatly shake things up

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

VitroBahllee said:

Math. If Xbox One outsells the PS4 in weeks one and two by ten thousand, but PS4 outsells Xbox One in weeks three and four by eleven thousand each week, PS4 has one the month even if Xbox One outsold it two of the four weeks.

If you don't trust the numbers of VGChartz to the point you won't accept arguments based on those numbers in the VGChartz forum, then maybe you should take that up with the people running the site. I am using those numbers and discussing them on the forums, and if you don't trust them, this isn't a good place for you to discuss numbers, I guess.

and they have already been proven to be incorrect, its really not that hard of a concept to understand. using these numbers to claim XB1 has frequently outsold PS4 is spreading false information, i am just correcting you. 

Nem said:
Might not be doing terrible in the US, but it certainly is outside of it.

Selling twice as much as Wii U in Europe. It isn't number one but it isn't as awful as people like to pretend.

I would agree the X1 is not doing terribly, but it has lost Massive marketshare in US and UK, and they need to be pro active about reversing that as they wont have Japan and the rest of Europe to fall back on.

But its too expensive so weather or not kinect stays or goes i think there will be a new cheaper SKU this year with some kind of hardware revision to enable that.

The nay saying does get tedious, but the pretending there is no problem is also equally tedious,

There not doomed, but there far from home and dry as well.

bananaking21 said:

no they wouldnt, this is microsoft we are takling about, microsoft. say what you want about them but they are comptitive and they want to "win". they even said it them selfs. These mega cooperation certainly dont get pleased with "settling". They are in it to win, they always been and always will be. if they lose that competitive edge they will crash and burn. 

This also applies for Sony and Nintendo. 

They have been going at it for over 10 Years now and are yet to win. They have a 2nd place finish and are about to get a 3rd place finish.

They aint crashed, they aint burned and theyre still competing in markets where they are a force. Xbox One selling anywhere over 50 Million Worldwide would be a great success in itself, despite what the 360 managed to do. As long as they at least remain competitive in America and the UK in the long run, then the Xbox One will be seen as a success. They have the software to do it and they have the brand strength to do it. 

Wanting to win doesnt mean that they have to win for it to be classed as a success. The PSP was a success, despite selling over 70 Million units less than the Nintendo DS. The Xbox 360 is a gigantic success, despite not matching the Wii.

Furthermore, any increase in marketshare will be seen as a success also. With Nintendo failing with the Wii U it leaves plenty of room and potential for the Xbox One to blow past the 360's ~30% marketshare total.

Xbox One has had the best launch in Xbox history. Plenty of key software still to hit with plenty of room for pricecuts, hardware changes and new experiences to be brought to the table. This is a marathon, not a sprint.