By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

Barozi said:
Pretty much. X1 doesn't have to dominate to be a success. I'm sure Microsoft would be happy if they sell 50m consoles this generation.

no they wouldnt, this is microsoft we are takling about, microsoft. say what you want about them but they are comptitive and they want to "win". they even said it them selfs. These mega cooperation certainly dont get pleased with "settling". They are in it to win, they always been and always will be. if they lose that competitive edge they will crash and burn. 

This also applies for Sony and Nintendo. 

Around the Network

"For the week of April 12th, the PS4 sold 127k. The Xbox One sold 92k. About a third less than the PS4. The Wii U sold 32k. That's less than one third OF the Xbox One's sales."

I'm almost 100% sure that vgchartz has these numbers wrong and I mean they're about 20k off, just like the week before that probably.

Other than that I generally agree with your sentiment, the X1 is doing well for itself, at least up till now.

VitroBahllee said:

NPD is monthly sales. I'm talking about weekly. Hence me saying 'weekly' sales. No need for the snark. It shouldn't be offensive that I am pointing out that several times in the last six months, the Xbox One has outsold PS4 in the Weekly NA Sales.

Supply Issues.

- Quote trees.

Carl

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Its selling so well you can still get the Day One Edition :)

bananaking21 said:
Barozi said:
Pretty much. X1 doesn't have to dominate to be a success. I'm sure Microsoft would be happy if they sell 50m consoles this generation.

no they wouldnt, this is microsoft we are takling about, microsoft. say what you want about them but they are comptitive and they want to "win". they even said it them selfs. These mega cooperation certainly dont get pleased with "settling". They are in it to win, they always been and always will be. if they lose that competitive edge they will crash and burn. 

There's a more nuanced approach to the business strategy of even having a living room platform than 'winning.' It's not a game of soccer or something. MS have just announced a broad range of programming (TV shows, documentaries, films) that is coming to Xbox One. That is one pillar of their strategy this generation: to become content providers. The huge Xbox Live network is one way to differentiate themselves, and if they start offering original programming, that could tip them in a new direction. The Xbox One also showcases the Xbox Music platform and the Xbox Video platform, which can be used on PCs and Smartphones as well. There is a lot MS is trying to do in getting the Xbox One in homes, and it is a little more complex and layered than 'beating' Sony. Sony are doing well with their console sales but are still a ways off from reaping a huge financial reward from their success in the console space this generation.

Around the Network

For now.
The larger the Gap grows, the faster the Gap will grow.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VitroBahllee said:
bananaking21 said:
Barozi said:

There's a more nuanced approach to the business strategy of even having a living room platform than 'winning.' It's not a game of soccer or something. MS have just announced a broad range of programming (TV shows, documentaries, films) that is coming to Xbox One. That is one pillar of their strategy this generation: to become content providers. The huge Xbox Live network is one way to differentiate themselves, and if they start offering original programming, that could tip them in a new direction. The Xbox One also showcases the Xbox Music platform and the Xbox Video platform, which can be used on PCs and Smartphones as well. There is a lot MS is trying to do in getting the Xbox One in homes, and it is a little more complex and layered than 'beating' Sony. Sony are doing well with their console sales but are still a ways off from reaping a huge financial reward from their success in the console space this generation.

Sony's Music and Movie Divisions say hello.

VitroBahllee said:

NPD is monthly sales. I'm talking about weekly. Hence me saying 'weekly' sales. No need for the snark. It shouldn't be offensive that I am pointing out that several times in the last six months, the Xbox One has outsold PS4 in the Weekly NA Sales.

source? 

and PS4 cant win monthly sales without actually outselling Xb1 during the weeks in that month, you know. sure, PS4 can outsell XB1 in one week and XB1 can win in the three other weeks of the month, but logically speaking, that didnt happen. sales dont just spike and drop for no reason, they stay steady based on the momentum it has and increases with price drops, software and so on. but when a console wins 3 months in a row, speaking logically, its outselling the other console on a weekly basis. The only week that XB1 probably outsold PS4 is titanfall week. 

lol, who said anything about any offense but you? your just spreading false information, i am just correcting you. 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VitroBahllee said:
bananaking21 said:
Barozi said:

MS have just announced a broad range of programming (TV shows, documentaries, films) that is coming to Xbox One. That is one pillar of their strategy this generation: to become content providers. The huge Xbox Live network is one way to differentiate themselves, and if they start offering original programming, that could tip them in a new direction. The Xbox One also showcases the Xbox Music platform and the Xbox Video platform, which can be used on PCs and Smartphones as well. There is a lot MS is trying to do in getting the Xbox One in homes, and it is a little more complex and layered than 'beating' Sony. Sony are doing well with their console sales but are still a ways off from reaping a huge financial reward from their success in the console space this generation.

Sony's Music and Movie Divisions say hello.

I get that they have those divisions - I'm just saying MS is trying to gain ground into those areas with subscription based and purchased-based services you can use over the console. I'm not familiar with Sony's music division as it pertains to the PS4 (my favorite band is signed to their label, however) - does PS4 have a subscription-based service for you to stream unlimited music on the  PS4? 

Anyway, you are demonstrating what I think is ruining this generation: you are trying to 'prove' the Sony is 'winning' the fight by mentioning these aspects of the company that aren't quite what I was talking about as though they 'beat' MS. Why can't these sorts of discussions be rational?

NPD has PS4 over X1 4 months to 1 thus far but X1 frequently sells more in NA, interesting logic.