By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation vs Nintendo 64

What's your favourite?

Playstation 343 52.61%

Nintendo 64 307 47.09%

Total:650
outlawauron said:
I didn't know Playstation existed when I had my N64, so I obviously voted N64. PS1 had some of my favorite all time, but I played all of them on PS2.

So...

despite it sellng 3x the N64 and being a cultural phenomenon you honestly didn't know it existed around that time? I find that hard to believe.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
outlawauron said:
I didn't know Playstation existed when I had my N64, so I obviously voted N64. PS1 had some of my favorite all time, but I played all of them on PS2.

So...

despite it sellng 3x the N64 and being a cultural phenomenon you honestly didn't know it existed around that time? I find that hard to believe.

Well, I'm not lying about it. To be honest, I didn't know what video games were until my parents gave me a N64 for my birthday.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

both are great i own both, nintendo got good 3rd party exclusives perfect dark, golden eye, 1080 snowboarding, wwf wrestlemania 2000 and no mercy this was a time where there was no MS to compete with it

but im gonna have to give this to the OG PS this was the console that i believe got gamers to get serious into gaming it had alot of mature titles, aswell as a massive library including tomb raider, driver gta, mgs, RE, silent hill dino crysis, tony hawk, ect were all PS console exclusive games or timed exclusive until MS entered

Play Me

Ryudo said:

I like both own both but I like Saturn over both. Had a good US librabry but an amazing Japanese one to import over and had the better versions of some games on PS1. Like Grandia. Saturn for sure.

Why do people always leave out Saturn?

The Saturn's very underrated.

Games like Panzer Dragoon I and II and NiGHTS into Dreams were downright awesome.

padib said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I'm not lying about it. To be honest, I didn't know what video games were until my parents gave me a N64 for my birthday.

I think you have motive. You said that because you wanted to put down Sony!

vote: outlawauron

obviously just kidding

I miss mafia.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ryudo said:

I like both own both but I like Saturn over both. Had a good US librabry but an amazing Japanese one to import over and had the better versions of some games on PS1. Like Grandia. Saturn for sure.

Why do people always leave out Saturn?

The Saturn's very underrated.

Games like Panzer Dragoon I and II and NiGHTS into Dreams were downright awesome.

I was very underwhelmed by the Saturn until I started getting all of the accessories. A Virtua Stick opens the door to a huge library of great arcade fighter ports; lightgun games are aplenty; and the multitap games are crazy fun, paritcularly Death Tanks Zwei. The setup required for DTZ is prohibitive, but completely worth it.

Playstation easily.

Kyuu said:

Not meant to insult I'm sorry you took it that way.

I thought you were deliberately exaggerating so I wanted to be nice and play along. Regardless, you're the first Nintendo fan I've known in my life to actually consider Nintendo software better than "all 90s corporations combined" Much to my surprise, you actually do believe that!

I don't see the picture I posted any more offensive than this one though:

Both imply stupidity.

If no offense was meant, then I retract my objection. I'm not the greatest at detecting sarcasm and exaggeration, especially online.

I actually think Nintendo (including Rare) vs all PS1 companies is a damn close call. Obviously PS1 has more, but Nintendo quality is in my opinion unsurpassed.

N64 for the simple fact it had more exclusives that have aged better.

FFVII etc sure are great but I could get most those games on PC at the time too so not really a unique selling point of the console.

Cobretti2 said:
N64 for the simple fact it had more exclusives that have aged better.

FFVII etc sure are great but I could get most those games on PC at the time too so not really a unique selling point of the console.

Still waiting for a PC port of Final Fantasy IX!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---