By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation vs Nintendo 64

What's your favourite?

Playstation 343 52.61%

Nintendo 64 307 47.09%

Total:650
Conegamer said:
For me this is PlayStation, and as much as I love the N64 it's not that much of a competition.

Sure, the N64 has got a good number of excellent games (OoT, MM, Mario 64, Mario Party etc) but the PS1 has just so many more (Spyro trilogy, Crash trilogy, FFVII-IX, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo etc.) which tips it over the edge in my opinion.

The key thing for me is "which of these systems would I choose if I could only have one?" and the answer is the PS1 for me.

They both had great games of course but I'm slighly suprized by a few people still thinking tomb raider was a good game. I suppose it earn't points for innovation being an earily and novel attempt at 3d gaming, but the controls and gameplay sucked even for the time.

I honestly thought (Slightly arrogantly maybe) that tomb raider love would have died away by now and everyone these days would realise what I knew all along. That it sucked. :p

Around the Network
Never said:
Conegamer said:
For me this is PlayStation, and as much as I love the N64 it's not that much of a competition.

Sure, the N64 has got a good number of excellent games (OoT, MM, Mario 64, Mario Party etc) but the PS1 has just so many more (Spyro trilogy, Crash trilogy, FFVII-IX, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo etc.) which tips it over the edge in my opinion.

The key thing for me is "which of these systems would I choose if I could only have one?" and the answer is the PS1 for me.

They both had great games of course but I'm slighly suprized by a few people still thinking tomb raider was a good game. I suppose it earn't points for innovation being an earily and novel attempt at 3d gaming, but the controls and gameplay sucked even for the time.

I honestly thought (Slightly arrogantly maybe) that tomb raider love would have died away by now and everyone these days would realise what I knew all along. That it sucked. :p

I think, if anything, Tomb Raider is underrated. It seems to be largely forgotten by fans and critics. I rarely, if ever, see it on critics' top lists and it failed to break 200 on our own "Top 250" thread. It's really a shame. I consider it one of the very best games of the fifth generation. The level design is excellent, the gameplay -- a clever mix of acrobatics, puzzle-solving, gunplay, and exploration -- is near-perfect, and the production values are stellar. 

N64 all the way!

PlayStation. PS1 and PS2 will always be the best consoles ever.

I'm surprised N64 has as many votes as it does. PS1 all the way, for various reasons.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
N64 all the way!

You surprise me. 

NobleTeam360 said:
bananaking21 said:
N64 all the way!

You surprise me. 

why? i loved n64!! i dont blindly follow one console maker you know

Mario Party, Super Mario 64, Banjoo Kazooi, StarFox64, Rampage, Mario Kart, 007 golden eye. all fucking epic!! 

PS1 was good, but it wasnt no n64. Pepsi Man (dead serious), Crash1-3, Crash Team Racing, Spyro 1-3 among others. 

The N64 is probably my least favorite Nintendo console.
While it had it's fair share of timeless classics that aged well (something I can't say about the PlayStation), it missed out on so many incredible games like Metal Gear Solid, FFVII-IX, etc.
PS1 for me.

Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, Lunar, Breath of Fire, not to mention FF 7-9 and tactics.

Yeah, Squaresoft kind of won that race. Although I still love a good game of Mariokart64!

Really the only tough call of any generation. I prefer sony consoles now but I will never forget my amazement the first time I played Mario 64. There were so many great games on PSX but the N64 had Ocarina and Goldeneye giving it the edge.