By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation vs Nintendo 64

What's your favourite?

Playstation 343 52.61%

Nintendo 64 307 47.09%

Total:650
Kyuu said:
The results are pretty surprising!

One has a library of 400 games, the other has 2400. One has over 10 widely praised exclusives, the other has over 50, I estimate.

Preferring N64 over PS1 is like claiming Nintendo is better than all companies (Square, Konami and Capcom included) combined.

if your an rpg fan its really not a contest, i never really liked them, resident evil 2 also came out on n64.

Around the Network

Pokemon Snap, Paper Mario, Kirby Crystal shards...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

zumnupy10 said:
curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

Preferring N64 over PS1 is like claiming Nintendo is better than all companies (Square, Konami and Capcom included) combined.

They are. ;)

Nowadays they are.  Back in the 1990s... No.

I respectfully disagree; I never thought Square were all that great, even before they were Squeenix. I hate turn based RPGs. Capcom and Konami did produce some truly awesome games back in the 5th gen, but nothing on the level of, say, Ocarina of Time, in my opinion.

I still find it hard to choose though; I can't bear to vote against either Banjo Kazooie or Crash Bandicoot... XD

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

They are. ;)

you so silly!

Reported.

To me the answer is easily N64. Because it has some of the best games that I know of, like Zelda: OoT and MM, Mario 64, Banjoo Kazooie and Tooie, GoldenEye etc. While on PS there are a few games that I liked, such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro 2, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Gran Turismo 2.

I will however admit that I have only played very few games from the PS, and that I could(probably) have missed out on some really great games. And that I prefer the DualShock over the N64 controller.

Both has some great games, the PS has the better controller, the PS has the larger game library etc. But in the end, if I could only choose one it would be the N64, especially because of the games that I mentioned.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

They are. ;)

you so silly!

actually dying of laughter

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Kyuu said:

One has a library of 400 games, the other has 2400. One has over 10 widely praised exclusives, the other has over 50, I estimate.

296 actually.

This is the entire library of N64.

Faust said:
Kyuu said:

296 actually.

Like the periodic table of elements every future Nintendo game is actually just a combination of these 296 games.

Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

you so silly!

Reported.

Not sure if serious..

Very serious.

From the forum rules: "Do not personally insult other users."

You broke that rule.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Faust said:
Kyuu said:

296 actually.

Like the periodic table of elements every future Nintendo game is actually just a combination of these 296 games.

so random, yet so funny.