By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS4 Beat 360's Record in NPD?

Years ago a console called Xbox 360 have consecutives wins in NPD totalizing (I guess) 32 months being the best selling home console in US... that is a feat and record until now (I don't rememer PS2 or PS1 era NPDs).

PS4 did lost the December 2013 NPD by less than 50k units due heavly supply issues but starting 2014 the console managed to win every single month even when the competition added value bundling for free the most hyped game of the generation (until now) and $50 deals in every retail in US.

Now PS4 have three consequecutives months in the TOP of sales in US.

Can it beat the impossible? Do over 32 months in a row being the TOP of US sales?

What do you think about that?

My opinion? I think PS4 will won easly until October of this year... after that it will have to face some strong competition in November / December and if it manage to win these two months then I think it will beat the 360's record.

Around the Network

That should be difficult, I doubt it.

Hard to tell... US is Xbox territory and with the new head of xbox, he will probably start ramping things up so I am gonna side with a no

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

DerNebel said:
That should be difficult, I doubt it.

More difficult is always more fun... I don't like easy feats

No... but it doesn't really matter... Globally it actually has a chance to dominate trough an entire year :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

PS4 should win every month until Halo 5 is released. I'm guessing Xbox1 could win 1 month then....

bevochan said:
PS4 should win every month until Halo 5 is released. I'm guessing Xbox1 could win 1 month then....

This is a good point but I think Sony will release some big game in holidays too (I guess Halo 5 will be launched in holidays like every other interaction).

No. Xbox One will win November and December with a better price and Halo. That might be this year or next, but either way PS4 won't get close to 32 weeks. Sony should just be happy that they are winning for now. I still think X1 will win US when this gen is done

I thought about it, and it's possible, but just like in 360s case, late in the generation, when a single game won't skew a stable sales patern, like for example Halo 5 will.

When the sales will saturate a bit, stabilize and single games stop shifting a lot of consoles, it definitely has a chance. Will it happen though? Imo no, but we'll see.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Hard to tell... US is Xbox territory and with the new head of xbox, he will probably start ramping things up so I am gonna side with a no

I agree because that I think the key will be the November / December months... if it manage to win these then I think it will have a shot.