By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Titanfall Considered a Big Exclusive for XB1 but FFXIV not for PS4?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sales2099 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sales2099 said:

Um....PS+ is required for all online MP for PS4, just like how all online MP requires Xbox Live Gold. Don't know how to make it any simpler.

To reiterate the main point home: The origional version turned off gamers, MMO's are niche on consoles, extra subscription fee ontop of PS+, and FF IP is on a downward trend. Done. Simple.

Simplicity doesn't matter if the statement is wrong. FTPs do not require PS+, FTPs are always online, Subscription based MMOs do not require plus, MMO tend to be always online. 

Plus does not affect FFXIV's subscription fee.

A simple bing search will prove this or SE's website: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product/

Don't worry, I've got a screenshot for convience.

Like I allready said......any gamer worth their salt would be allready suscribed to PS+ for its other MP games.

You fighting the good fight for the few gamers that would buy a PS4 for FF14 and no other MP games for the lifetime of their purchase? lol you are too much.

Your kind can't do 2 subscriptions at the same time, too much too soon.

STILL doesn't change facts how Titanfall is just a more all around desirable game then the PS4 version of FF14.

ESO is a multiplayer game. FTPs are multiplayer games. No Plus needed. :D

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Wow Seece is a celebrity.

lol don't understand why you persist. Maybe you are just trolling for the sake of not wanting to back away from any fight.

Look, OP asks why Titanfall is a bigger release then FF14. One is a fresh FPS and the other is a MMO, a niche genre on consoles. This is the barest of bare bones core of the argument here. And yet still you act like the keyboard warrior that you are.....just let this one go pal.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

lol don't understand why you persist. Maybe you are just trolling for the sake of not wanting to back away from any fight.

Look, OP asks why Titanfall is a bigger release then FF14. One is a fresh FPS and the other is a MMO, a niche genre on consoles. This is the barest of bare bones core of the argument here. And yet still you act like the keyboard warrior that you are.....just let this one go pal.

Why would I back away? I am right.

@bold: quite possibly the best description I have heard of for an fps in years.

Other than the hype and genre, what's the difference between TF and FFXIV.

It seem like, if TF and FFXIV switched places the result would be exactly the same.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sales2099 said:

Why would I back away? I am right.

@bold: quite possibly the best description I have heard of for an fps in years.

Other than the hype and genre, what's the difference between TF and FFXIV.

It seem like, if TF and FFXIV switched places the result would be exactly the same.

No you are not right. The sales disparity proves you very wrong. It is common knowledge FPS are the most popular genre and console MMO's never fare well. That alone proves you wrong.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

No you are not right. The sales disparity proves you very wrong. It is common knowledge FPS are the most popular genre and console MMO's never fare well. That alone proves you wrong.

For GOTG vs Remade MMO of a "dying" franchise, one would think that the disparity would be much larger. I guess since Metacritic doesn't help, its the current sales that matter now.

By the way, mind showing me the total sales for Titan Fall vs the Total sales of FFXIV, including those that had bought the first version of the game?

Also:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Old school Final Fantasy fans are sick of current Final Fantasy and SquareEnix such as myself.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ktay95 said:
RolStoppable said:

It's not a problem, because it's damn true.

And yet

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PC 2010 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.58 0.37 0.00 0.13 1.09
2 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 2013 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.23 0.17 0.26 0.08 0.74
3 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS4 2014 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
Total0.820.540.260.211.83

Is that going to become your thing, posting a sarcastic remark followed by sales charts that prove the very same remark wrong?

Main line Final Fantasy game doesn't crack a million copies on PlayStation. Says it all.

FF14 was originally announced as a PC exclusive game and was released as a PC exclusive game in 2010. Majority of the people who bought the game and knew about the game and was interested in the game bought the original PC version. VGchartz also did not include the Japan sales of the original PC version. Those who bought the original PC version also gets to upgrade to a realm reborn for free. Also it's an MMO. Yes, it is FF but it's an MMO. Different target market. So your argument on it not selling a million on a playstation console is invalid.

Mr Puggsly said:

A. He's entitled to his opinion

B. He's probably right

C. He didn't really say anything about FFXIV.

A. Why does that give him the right to speak for everyone else? We're not talking about our own opinions on the games here.

B. He's not. While X, XII and XIII were quite divisive, for the the most part they were critically acclaimed games that went on to sell more than Titanfall could ever hope for.

C. He implied it by the saying the series should just die off. FFXIV should have been the focus of his post anyway.

brendude13 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

A. He's entitled to his opinion

B. He's probably right

C. He didn't really say anything about FFXIV.

A. Why does that give him the right to speak for everyone else? We're not talking about our own opinions on the games here.

B. He's not. While X, XII and XIII were quite divisive, for the the most part they were critically acclaimed games that went on to sell more than Titanfall could ever hope for.

C. He implied it by the saying the series should just die off. FFXIV should have been the focus of his post anyway.

I dunno, he made a lot of sense to me. FF is awful and people should feel bad if they like it.

Or maybe you should stop caring about how he feels and just keep playing the games you enjoy. None of this matters... none of it matters...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
sales2099 said:

For GOTG vs Remade MMO of a "dying" franchise, one would think that the disparity would be much larger. I guess since Metacritic doesn't help, its the current sales that matter now.

I remember when blue dragon and Kameo were going to be GOTG.

Now i would be shocked if anyone remembers them.

Because titanfall was supposed to be the game that makes sony take XB1 seriously. Final fantasy is just filler between infamous and Drive Club.