By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think you're really good at gaming?

The other day I finally beat Jumpin' Jack Flash hard difficulty on Elite Beat Agents - I don't care what anyone says, I'm a pro gamer in my own eyes now xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

No. I play everything on normal difficulty. There are too many different games to play, and I don't want to get stuck for too long playing a particular level or section of one game and not moving on.

radishhead said:
The other day I finally beat Jumpin' Jack Flash hard difficulty on Elite Beat Agents - I don't care what anyone says, I'm a pro gamer in my own eyes now xD

Quality game and quality gaming my friend. Bravo.

Hmm, pie.

due to me playing tons of games I can say that I'm good at any kind of genre. Obviously not the best everywhere, but pretty good still.

First time playing BF Bad Company (not knowing the map) online I was first with 3 guys that had the maximum level behind me.
Same happened in CoDMW2 lol.
But I'm not much a multiplayer guy.

I do however, consider myself very good in Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA.

OK so these are my better achievements in gaming in terms of how one might rate a person's skill at gaming in recent years:

Played all Uncharted gamers on hardest difficult.
Played all Mass Effect games on PS3 on Insanity.
Finished Demon's Souls, albeit with a walkthough.
Played DA:O and DA2 on hardest difficulty
Best stats for a conquest match in Smite: 10-4-13 with Bastet
Best match in Smite was 2-0-30 with Ymir in Arena.

So, a pretty middle of the road gamer I'd say.

I think being somewhat of a trophy whore, but only a little bit, has probably improved my gaming because before trophies I would never have considered playing on the hardest difficulty setting of a game. But because there are some games I've wanted to platinum I was forced to play on the hardest difficulty to earn the platinum.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I'll rape you virtually with Brawl.

No, I have poor coordination. Any game requiring fast mechanics (FPS, RTS, fighting etc.) I will never be any good.

The way I get through games is strategic decision making.

I stopped reading after Doritos Crash Course that game was fucking awesome!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I used to be when I had time. Now I think I'm average or just above it since I just pick up and play and don't spend time mastering the game.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Kyuu said:
Common teenage gamers would rate me a 10/10 "DUDE YOU'RE A FUCKING LEGEND!!!" more experienced gamers consider me an 8-9 gamer.

But in comparison to REAL Nerdish gamers I'm hardly any good. I'd score myself a 7.. maybe an 8 when all genres considered.

I've been a gamer since I was 5 :D

Haha, same here. Once I went to visit The Art of Video Games at the Smithsonian American Art Museum, and got in line for the Pac-Man demo. I started doing well and the kids behind me started saying stuff like "this guy's really good!" That was a nice ego boost :D

Like you I've been playing games since I was a kid, so I have a strong foundation. Like anything, mastering video games is all about practice. I'm best at games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros (made it to the finals in a tournament), and shooters like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, TimeSplitters, etc.